When I had the invitation to come along
當我收到邀請函,讓我今天下午
and talk to you this afternoon,
給你們講課時
I thought it was very very polite and very appropriate
我就在想出于禮貌應該讀一下
to read a friendly letter from David.
大衛寫的這封友善的信
Far better than the worst letter I've ever had in my life.
比我此生收到的最糟的信好太多了
Do you want to hear or we'll have what.
你們想聽嗎,要不我就讀
The worst letter I've ever had.
最糟的那一封
"Dear Colin Dexter, We are holding our annual village church
"親愛的科林·德克斯特,我們年度的鄉村教堂
Goden Fate on the 24th of June this year.
金玉良緣活動于今年6月24日舉行
And I have been...This is from the minister of the church.
我一直在...這封信是教堂的牧師所寫
And I have been casting around. Comma.
我一直在四處請人,逗號
Rather desperately...for some minor local celebrity.
尤其渴求...一些本地的小名人
for some minor local celebrity to come along and open the Fate for us.
希望一些本地的小名人能過來為我們的活動剪彩
Please reply to this invitation if you will as soon as possible
如果您能來,請收到邀請函后盡快回復
since time is now desperately short.
因為時間已經相當緊迫了
Please come along and try to help. Yours sincerely."
期待您的傾情相助"
So that was there.
就是這些
You won't be surprised down though to learn that it so happened
所以6月24號那天我在那里忙得不可開交
on the 24th of June I was extremely busy all there.
你們知道了也不會感到驚訝
And there it is. There it is.
就是這樣
And I thought just to balance here.
我想為了平衡一下
Would you hear the best letter I've ever had in my life? Yes.
你們想聽我一生中收到的最好信件嗎 想聽
Are you sure? Yes.
確定嗎 確定