lf that can happen, anything can happen. This man could end up going to jail.
這都能發生就沒什么是不可能的 這人可能會去坐牢
Because this guy, Tom Sneddon, he is definitely after Michael Jackson.
因為這個湯姆·史奈頓 根本是沖著邁克爾·杰克遜來的
And he's got power. He's got the law behind him.
他又有權 背后有法律的支撐
lt was a real wake-up call.
令人突然驚覺
l remember Michael calling me at 2:00 A.M. ln the morning
我記得邁克爾凌晨兩點打給我
and we spoke till 5:00 A.M.
我們聊到五點
And he told me he would never, ever settle that case.
他說他絕對不庭外和解
He would never give the guy a dime. l said, 'You're right.
他一毛錢都不給他 我說 沒錯
'lf you pay him off, people are gonna think you are guilty. '
你要是付了錢 全世界都會定你的罪
He said he would never do that.
他說他絕不妥協
Michael was getting some really horrible advice at the time from lawyers,
邁克爾的律師當時給了他許多很糟的建議
saying, 'let's just get rid of it, you know.
跟他說 花錢消災就好了
'settle it out and people will forget it and it'll go away. '
庭外和解過一陣子 大家就會遺忘了
The time has come for MichaeI Jackson to move on to new business,
邁克爾·杰克遜將要做些新的嘗試
to get on with his life,
繼續生活
to start the healing process
開始療傷
and to move his career forward to even greater heights.
再創造事業的下一個高峰
When they settled the case by paying off,
他們后來決定花錢消災
right away the next day, l called Michael, 'Why did you do that? '
我隔天就打給邁克爾問他 為什么這么做?
And Michael said, 'Mother, l didn't do that. I wanted to fight it till the end.
邁克爾說 媽 不是我 我想要力爭到最后的
'But they told me, the lawyers and things told me,
但律師們跟我說
"Just go on and pay it off and settle it.''
就花錢把這事解決掉