1、respect
尊敬;敬重;尊重
I want him to respect me as a career woman.
我希望他把我當作一個職業女性來尊重。
He needs the advice of people he respects, and he respects you.
他需要從他敬重的人那里獲得建議,而他一向都很敬重你。
尊重;遵守;遵從;顧及
Finally, trying to respect her wishes, I said I'd leave.
最后,為了尊重她的意愿,我說我會離開。
恕我直言,恕我冒昧(用于禮貌地表示不同意見或批評)
With respect, Minister, you still haven't answered my question.
部長,恕我冒昧,您還沒有回答我的問題。
With respect, I hardly think that's the point.
恕我直言,但我認為這不是重點。
關于,至于(英國英語中也用in respect of)
Parents often have little choice with respect to the way their child is medically treated.
關于孩子的治療方法,父母通常沒有什么選擇的余地。
Where Dr Shapland feels the system is not working most effectively is in respect of professional training.
沙普蘭博士認為系統在專業培訓上的運作效率不是非常高。
2、correspond
相類似;相關;相對應
Racegoers will be given a number which will correspond to a horse running in a race.
觀看賽馬比賽的觀眾將獲得一個與某一匹賽馬相對應的號碼。
A 22 per cent increase in car travel corresponds with a 19 per cent drop in cycle mileage per person.
乘車出行者的比率上升了22%,與之相對應,人均騎自行車的行駛里程下降了19%。
(與…)通信
She still corresponds with American friends she met in Majorca nine years ago.
她仍與9年前在馬略卡島結識的美國朋友們通信。
We corresponded regularly.
我們定期通信。
3、end up
(通常指意外地)最終到達
The result was that the engine ended up at the bottom of the canal.
結果引擎最終沉到了運河底。
She fled with her children, moving from neighbour to neighbour and ending up in a friend's cellar.
她帶著孩子逃亡,從一個鄰居家跑到另一個鄰居家,最后逃到了一個朋友的地下室。
最終;結果;到頭來
If you don't know what you want, you might end up getting something you don't want...
如果你不知道自己想要什么,到頭來你可能得非所愿。
Every time they went dancing they ended up in a bad mood...
每次他們去跳舞,都會不歡而散。