莉莉安:看看這個!我要把這個當作紀念品帶回家。
Bruce:You can't do that. That might be an artifact of some kind.
布魯斯:你不能這樣做。這可能是一件手工藝品。
It belongs to this archaeological site.
它屬于這個考古遺址。
Lillian:It's just a rock. No one will miss it.
莉莉安:就是塊石頭而已。沒有人會在意的。
Bruce:That's not the point.
布魯斯:這不是重點。
Everything here should be preserved.
這里的一切都應該受到保護。
That's the point of doing a careful excavation.
正因為這樣才進行精心挖掘。
Everything should be recorded and nothing should be lost.
應記錄一切而且什么都不能弄丟。
Lillian:Take it easy. It's not like I'm defacing anything.
莉莉安:放松,我可沒有搞破壞。
And if they're trying to preserve this site,why are they doing this dig?
如果他們試圖保護這個遺址,為什么他們還大挖特挖呢?
Wouldn't it be better just to leave it frozen in time?
干脆什么也不做讓歷史塵封在這里豈不更好?
Bruce:The point is to learn more about the peoples of ancient civilizations who lived here in prehistory.
布魯斯:問題在于要了解更多關于史前生活人民的古代文明。
Lillian:In my opinion,it's disrespectful to disturb burial mounds and tombs.
莉莉安:在我看來, 打擾這些被埋葬之人及他們的墳墓是不敬的行為。
They were never meant to be desecrated like this.
他們絕沒有想到會遭這樣的待遇。
Bruce:Some people would agree with you,but that's the price we have to pay to add to our knowledge about human history.
布魯斯:有些人會同意你的觀點,但這是我們必須付出這樣的代價才能增加我們對于人類歷史的了解。
I really think you should leave that rock where you found it.
我真的認為你應該把你手上的那塊石頭放回原處。
It could be a fossil.
可能那是一塊化石。
Lillian:Do you really think so?
莉莉安:你真的這么認為嗎?
Bruce:You never know.
布魯斯:誰說的準呢。
You could hold in your hand the key to understanding this entire civilization.
你手里握著的可能是了解整個文明的關鍵。
Lillian:Wow,if I take it,I could preserve it for posterity.
莉莉安:哇,如果我拿著的是這樣的一塊石頭,我可以把它留給后世。
Bruce:What happened to leaving things undisturbed?
布魯斯:不受打擾的物體離開會發生什么呢?
Lillian:That's before I realized I could go down in history for my own discovery!
莉莉安:那是在我意識到將自己的發現載入史冊之前!