塔蒂亞娜:為什么你戴著那些令人感到好笑的眼鏡?
Moustafa:I'm trying out a new kind of virtual reality.
穆斯塔法:我正在嘗試一種新的虛擬現實。
Tatiana:You mean like flight simulators?
塔蒂亞娜:你的意思是就像那些飛行模擬器一樣?
Moustafa:This is much more sophisticated.
穆斯塔法:這個要更為復雜。
This system creates a complete sensory experience.
這個系統有著一套完整的感官體驗。
I can see, hear, feel, and nearly taste this 3-D simulation.
我能看到,聽到,感受到,幾乎全部是3D仿真體驗。
Tatiana:I don't see how it can do that.
塔蒂亞娜:我不知道這是怎么做到的。
Moustafa:With the help of these goggles and headphones, this computer program recreates what it's like to actually be in a particular place, at a particular time.
穆斯塔法:借助這些眼鏡和耳機,這臺電腦的程序創造的是特定的地方,特定時間內的現實。
It even allows me to interact with different people and things.
它甚至允許我與不同的人或事進行互動。
Tatiana:I can see how that would be useful for gaming, but...
塔蒂亞娜:我可以感覺看到這對游戲很有用,但是…
Moustafa:It's not only for gaming.
穆斯塔法:不僅是對游戲而言。
It's useful for a host of other things, including relaxation.
其他事物也是這樣,包括放松。
For instance, right now I'm experiencing what it's like to be outdoors with the sun shining and the birds chirping.
例如,現在我正感受戶外的陽光及鳥兒的叫聲。
Tatiana:If you open the door, you'll see that the sun is shining and the birds are chirping.
塔蒂亞娜:如果你打開門,你會看到陽光燦爛而且鳥兒正在歡唱。
Moustafa:Yes, but with virtual reality, I may never have to get out of this chair again.
穆斯塔法:但有了這套虛擬現實,我可能永遠不會再離開這把椅子。
Now isn't that progress?
現在這不是進步嗎?