賈瑪卡:我需要立刻籌些錢。
I'm thinking of hocking a few things.
我想抵押點東西。
You've used the pawnshop down the street before, right?
你去過街上的當鋪,是吧?
Nolan:Yeah, a few years ago when I lost my job.
諾蘭:是啊,幾年前我失業的時候去過。
I needed a short-term loan to tide me over until I could find a new one.
我需要短期貸款來幫助我渡過難關,直到我能找到新工作。
Jamaica:Is the place legit?
賈瑪卡:這個地方是合法的嗎?
Nolan:It seemed to be. I have no complaints.
諾蘭:似乎是。我沒有不滿。
Jamaica:That's good. How would I go about pawning something?
賈瑪卡:那太好了。我怎么去典當東西呢?
Nolan:It's pretty simple.
諾蘭:很簡單的。
You bring the pawnbroker something that's worth money to use as collateral and then you get a loan for a fraction of its value.
你把值錢的東西給當鋪作為抵押品,然后你得到物品一小部分價值的貸款。
Then, you have 90 days to repay the loan, plus interest and fees.
然后,你有90天償還貸款,還要加上利息和費用。
Jamaica:How do I redeem my item?
賈瑪卡:我該如何贖回自己的東西呢?
Nolan:You just show them your pawn ticket.
諾蘭:你給他們當票就行。
Jamaica:That sounds pretty simple.
賈瑪卡:聽起來相當簡單。
What if I can't repay the money by the deadline?
如果期限內我沒有還錢怎么辦?
Nolan:Then you forfeit your item.
諾蘭:那抵押的東西就不是你的了。
The pawnshop tries to sell it to recoup the money they lent you.
當鋪會嘗試賣掉東西以收回他們借給你的錢。
Jamaica:Okay, I'm going to do it.
賈瑪卡:好吧,我現在就去典當鋪。
I'm going to pawn my collection.
我要典當我的收藏。
Nolan:Your collection of what?
諾蘭:你的什么收藏?
Jamaica:Action figures. I have the entire collection of ESL Podcast action figures.
賈瑪卡:人形公仔。我有ESL播客公仔的全部收藏。
There's Jeff, Lucy, Warren, Jessica, Adriano, Pao, LeeAnn, Alison . . .
杰夫,露西,沃倫,杰西卡,阿德里亞諾,帕奧,里安,艾莉森等等。
Nolan:I said something worth money, remember?
諾蘭:我說過是值錢的東西,還記得嗎?