塞布麗娜:等等!別把錢存到我們的普通賬戶下。
I'll take care of it.
我來處理。
Luis:Okay, but why?
路易斯:好吧,但為什么呢?
Sabrina:I've come up with a way for us to avoid paying so much in taxes each year.
塞布麗娜:我想到了一個每年不交這么多的稅的方法。
I've opened an offshore account in the Crook Islands.
我開通了一個克魯克群島的海外帳戶。
We can funnel our money into that account and it'll be untraceable.
我們可以將錢匯到這個賬戶,而且無跡可尋。
Luis:But that's tax evasion.
路易斯:但這是逃稅行為。
Sabrina:The banks in the Crook Islands have ways of covering up the paper trail so no one will be the wiser.
塞布麗娜:克魯克群島的各大銀行都會掩蓋書面記錄,所以沒人會知道。
Luis:That doesn't make it legal.
路易斯:這并不合法。
Sabrina:They haven't caught us yet.
塞布麗娜:目前我們還沒被發現。
Luis:You mean you've already started putting money into that account?
路易斯:你的意思是你已經開始把錢放到這個賬戶里了?
Sabrina:I've been depositing money into it for nearly a year.
塞布麗娜:我這樣做已經快1年了。
Luis:And when were you going to tell me?
路易斯:那你打算什么時候告訴我?
Sabrina:I'm telling you now. Trust me.
塞布麗娜:我現在正跟你講啊。相信我。
These tax havens are very popular with the rich.
這樣的避稅天堂很受富人歡迎。
We're just taking a page from their book on how to save money.
我們只是學習他們如何省錢。
Luis:We're going to get caught. We should come clean now.
路易斯:我們會被抓的。趁現在趕緊坦白去吧。
Sabrina:That's why I didn't tell you before!
塞布麗娜:所以我才一直沒告訴你!
I knew you'd make a fuss about it.
我就知道你會大驚小怪。
Luis:And you were right.
路易斯:你是對的。
We need to quietly close the account and bring the money back.
我們需要安靜地關了這個賬戶,然后把錢弄回來。
Sabrina:Then we'll have to pay taxes on it and maybe even a penalty, more than we would've had to pay in taxes originally.
塞布麗娜:然后我們要去繳稅,甚至接受懲罰,肯定比我們最初繳納的要多。
Luis:Right and that's called poetic justice.
路易斯:沒錯,這就是應得的懲罰。