I want to make a dish with traditional Sichuan flavours.
我要做一道具有傳統四川風味的菜
I'm going to call it crispy, fragrant Sichuan sausage.
我把這道菜叫做脆香川腸
It is about experimenting, I do like to improvise sometimes
算是一次嘗試吧 我有時就愛即興創作
because that's what I do at home.
在家里我經常這樣

First, I'm boiling some of Jenny's aunt's homemade sausages.
首先 我煮了一些Jenny姑姑家自制的香腸
It is a Chinese cook's dream to have all these ingredients,
擁有所有的這些食材是中國廚師的夢想
but I'm going to use the wood ear mushrooms
但我今天要用木耳來做
because they'll be lovely and crunchy.
它們很可愛而且很脆
Texture is always important in Chinese dishes,
對于中國菜來說 質地非常重要
but if you like, you could use oyster mushrooms instead.
不過用平菇來做也是可以的
I've been pointed to these lovely pickled chillies.
我選用了這種可愛的泡椒
I'm going to keep the seeds
這些籽我要留著一起炒
because I know this family likes their food hot.
因為這家人喜歡吃辣嘛
These look like spring onions, or scallions,
這種菜看起來像蔥一樣
but they're actually suan miao, which is the garlic shoots.
其實這是蒜苗 是蒜的嫩枝
The sausages should be ready after just ten minutes of boiling.
香腸煮10分鐘就可以了
Shape is important, it's all about presentation
外形很重要 這關系到整道菜的賣相
and also cooking techniques.
也跟烹飪技巧息息相關
The same applies to vegetables
蔬菜也是一樣的道理
if you cut them on the angle, you expose more surface area,
如果你是切斜刀 那么切面就會更大
they'll cook a lot quicker in a wok.
在鍋里也熟得更快
In with the garlic, then in with all the sausages.
放入蒜 然后是香腸
I'm going to wok fry the sausages first, so they get a bit crisp.
香腸先下鍋炸 這樣會有酥脆的口感
This is what my grandmother would do,
這是我奶奶的做法
cook the ingredients separately, then bring it all together.
先將作料分開烹飪 然后再一起混炒
Takes a little bit more time, but hopefully, should be worth it.
可能會多花一點時間 但效果不會讓人失望
I'm just going to add the vegetables in now,
我現在要下蔬菜了
all of them together at the same time.
所有的一起下鍋
You do need to be careful,
要小心
otherwise you'll set your hair on fire.
注意頭發別被燒著
The cooked vegetables are set aside,
做好的蔬菜先放在一邊
and then, inspired by Jenny's aunt's fish dish,
因為受到Jenny姑姑做水煮魚的啟發
I'm making a kind of hot oil dressing,
我在做一種用辣椒醬和花椒
based on chilli bean paste and Sichuan flower pepper.
制成的香辣油料醬汁
Mmm, it's sour, it's spicy, it's hot, it's numbing heat.
嗯 酸酸的 香香的 辣辣的 麻麻的
So what I'm going to do is just throw this all back in the wok,
我現在要做的 就是把這些都倒回鍋里
and toss it all together,
所有的東西一起翻炒
so that all the flavours are mixed in really well.
這樣所有的味道都能充分地混合了
That is my crispy, fragrant, Sichuan sausage
這就是我獨家特制的脆香川腸
with wood ear mushrooms,
配料有木耳
garlic shoots and pickled chilli.
蒜苗和泡椒
And it's so hot,
好辣啊
it's a numbing heat.
嘴都麻了
This is a true Sichuan dish, I think,
我覺得這應該是正宗的川菜了
this will actually blow your head off good.
肯定會辣得讓人爽翻的
I could give some of the fly restaurants a run for their money.
我可以把這道菜拿出去推銷給街邊的小飯館了