How’s the leg Johnny?
約翰尼,你的腿怎么樣了?
A bit better thanks...I’ve got the plaster off it now, but I still need the crutch.
好多了,謝謝,現在已經不打石膏了,但是還需要拐杖。
Good to hear...
真高興。
Your nephew young Joe didn’t help...he’s not here today is he? I need to recover!
你侄子喬沒幫上忙,他是不是今天沒來,我需要修養!
No, don’t worry...I’m not looking after him today. He’s with my sister.
沒有,別擔心,我今天不用照看他。他今天跟著我姐姐。
Hello there!
大家好!
Hi Harry!
你好,哈利!
Hi there workmate!
你好,我的同事!
How’s it going, Harry?
哈利,最近怎么樣?
Erm...not bad...
嗯,還不錯。
You don’t sound so sure...
不那么確定啊。
No, really, everything’s fine...
沒有,都挺好的。
Everything ok at work? I don’t get to see you much...
工作上一切順利嗎?我最近沒怎么看見你。
Well, I’m always busy, you know...
你知道的,我總是那么忙。
Oh yeah, I know...busy busy busy.
是的,我知道,忙忙忙。
That’s me, too! Got to go right now...just to the doctor’s though, he’s having another look at my leg, making sure it’s ok...
我也忙!要走了,去醫生那里看腿,他還要看一看,確保無誤。
Bye then Johnny! Hope it goes well!
約翰尼,再見!希望一切順利!
Me too! Whoops.......Magda! Watch out!
你也是!瑪格達,小心!
Oh, sorry Johnny!
噢,對不起約翰尼!
Owwww!Oh no!
噢噢噢...
Oh! I stepped on your toe!
噢!我踩到你的指頭了!
Don’t worry...never mind...nothing serious...I’ll get better! Good job I’m going to the doctor’s right now! Bye!
沒關系,不用擔心,這個不礙事的,我很快就會恢復了,我感覺現在應該立即去醫生那里看看。
Oh no! I feel so bad!
哦!我感覺糟透了!
Don’t worry about it, he’s not really that bad! He hasn’t broken any bones or anything.
不要擔心他,他沒有那么糟糕!他又沒有斷骨頭之類的東西。
He’s just a bit of an actor, that’s all...
他只是有點演戲的成分在里面罷了。
Tell me about it...he’s terrible at work! I try and avoid him...
和我說說這件事吧,他在工作的時候狀態很差,我已經試著去避開他了...
Oh no! Why?
哦不,這是為什么?
He just talks about his work all the time, about how important he is, and how rich he’s going to be...it gets boring...
他只是一直在說自己在工作中有多么的重要和他將會變得多么富有,這個真的很煩人...
But are you getting on with him ok, otherwise?
但是你倆不是同事么,難道是其他方面?
Yeah, I guess so...they really make me work hard for my money though...
額,我猜是這樣的...雖然他們真的讓我努力的為錢工作...
Do you think you’ll stay with that job?
你認為他會繼續干下去嗎?
For a bit, I guess. I’ll have to see how it goes, long term...
我想會吧,以后再看吧。
Isn’t anyone going to ask about my interview?!
難道沒有人打算問問我面試的事情么?!
Oh yes...sorry! Of course..so, how did it go?
哦,是的,對不起!我肯定會問的,你面試的怎么樣?
I’m not sure...ok I think...it’s difficult to say...
我不確定,但是我認為還算不錯,不過這個事情很難說...
What questions did they ask you?
他們都問了你些什么問題?
The usual ones...why I want this job, what I can bring to their company...
都是些常見的問題,為什么我會選擇這份工作,我會給他們公司帶來什么。
Did you answer all the questions?
你把所有的問題都回答了吧?
Sure...yes.
恩,那肯定的。
Did you ask a question?
你問他們問題了么?
Yes...I only got a chance to ask one, so I asked them how far I’d be free to follow my own projects as part of the job.
是的...我只有一個機會去問個問題,所有我就問他們我需要多久才可以擁有一個自己的項目作為工作的一部分。
Good question.
問的不錯!
What did you wear?
你穿的什么?
A suit, like Johnny told me to! Black jacket, trousers...
就像約翰尼和我說的那樣的一套西裝,黑色價格,西褲...
Did you arrive on time?
你準時到達了吧?
I was perfectly punctual!
我是個相當守時的人!
You’ll be a shoo-in!
你肯定會穩操勝券的!
Sorry? A what?
對不起,你說什么?
A shoo-in! It means you’re certain to get the job!
穩操勝券,這個意思就是你肯定會得到這份工作!
Well, I hope so.......Oh no! It’s them...they’ll be calling to tell me if I got the job or not....
我希望如此,不,是他們,他們將要告訴我面試結果。