Hey! Good to see you again!
真高興又見到你們!
Hey! You too!
嗨,見到你也很高興!
Hello Sarah, hi Magda....
你好,薩拉,嗨,麥格達。
How are you Olivia? Harry! Great to see you too...
你怎么樣,奧利維亞?哈利!見到你太好了。
Fine, fine thanks, all well. Tony!? Could we have some coffees over here please?
我很好啊,謝謝。萬事遂意。托尼!請給我們這兒來點咖啡好嗎?
Ok, ok...hold on...I’m rushed off my feet here...
行,稍等,我都忙得轉不開腳了。
He’s always so miserable, so grumpy that guy....
他老是抱怨,這家伙就愛發脾氣。
He’s not really, it’s just his way...
他沒有啦,這只不過是他的方式。
I’ll believe you then...his coffee’s always good!
我相信你,他的咖啡總是那么好!
So, how are you two getting on?
你們兩個怎么樣?
Fine. It’s great, we’ve got this really nice flat...
挺好,棒極了,我們的公寓相當棒!
We moved into Harry’s old place...
我們搬進了哈利的住處。
Yeah, I remember. How’s it going? No problems? Still friends? It’s not always easy sharing a flat...
是啊我記得。還好吧?沒啥問題?還是好朋友?合住一間公寓有時也不輕松啊。
No, no problems...
不,沒問題。
except she leaves the top off the toothpaste tube and she spends too much time watching soap operas on TV!
除了她不給牙膏蓋上蓋子,她花太多時間看肥皂劇。
No, really, we’re getting along fine.
不是啦,我們處的很好。
The only problem is the rent...
唯一的問題就是租房。
It’s really expensive.
真是貴啊。
I still need to find that proper job, and that depends on me getting the right degree results...
我還是需要得到那份正式工作,而這取決于我的畢業成績是否優秀。
Yeah, I remember you telling me. When will you find out?
對,我記得你跟我說過,你什么時候知道結果?
Next week.
下周。
Fingers crossed, then!
那手指交叉吧!
Fingers what?
什么手指?
Crossed. It’s what we say when we hope for something good to happen.
交叉。當我們希望有好事發生時,就這么說。
Oh, ok...fingers crossed!
那好,手指交叉,祈求好運!
Has anybody heard from Johnny? Sarah?
有人有約翰尼的消息嗎?薩拉?
Just because we’re both Chinese doesn’t mean we keep in touch all the time, you know! There are a lot of people in China! (laughs)
就算我們倆都是中國人,也不意味著我們隨時保持聯系。知道吧,中國人多著呢!
Of course...sorry...I just thought...
當然,不好意思,我只是想。
He was more of a friend of yours, wasn’t he Harry?
他和你是更好的朋友,是吧,哈利?
Yeah, we’re good mates. I hear from him all the time.
對,我們是好哥們,我們一直都有聯系。
How’s he doing?
他怎么樣?
He’s still in Chongqing with his new job. He says it’s really interesting, really exciting, but he misses us and he wants to come back to London!
他還在重慶干新工作呢,他說挺有意思的。令人興奮,但是他想我們,想回到倫敦來!
Fingers crossed!
祈求好運吧!
And how about you Harry? What are you up to? Are you still job hunting?
你在干什么?還在找工作嗎?
Yeah, that’s right. I’m still looking for a new job.
嗯,說得對,我還在找新工作。
Any luck?
運氣怎么樣?
I haven’t found anything yet, but I’ve got a few possibilities. I really liked not working at first, I really enjoyed the free time, but now.
我還沒有找到。但是碰到過幾次機會。我其實不想馬上工作。我喜歡享受自由時光,但是現在。
well, I need the money, and also well, I just get bored if I haven’t got something to do all the time.
哎,我需要錢,還有,要是總沒有什么事做的話,我會覺得悶的。
Where’s Fadi, Olivia? I haven’t seen him for ages.
法蒂呢,奧利維亞?我有段時間沒看見他了。
Why ask me?
干嘛問我?
I thought you’d know...you know, you’re like, good friends, aren’t you?
我以為你知道。瞧,你們倆像,好朋友,不是嗎?
Yes, that’s exactly what we are. Good friends. Nothing more.
是,我們就只是好朋友,沒別的。
I wasn’t suggesting anything! (laughs)
我也沒什么別的意思啊!
I hope not! Anyway, he’s away at the moment, gone to visit his family. He’ll be back next week.
希望沒有!總之,他現在不在,去看親戚了,他下周就回來。
Here you are...four coffees...
這是你們的,四杯咖啡。
Thanks Tony!
托尼,謝謝!
Cheer up Tony.
高興點,托尼。
Yeah...it can only get worse...!
是啊,這樣只能更遭。
It might get worse! This café might be closing down soon, so then you’ll all have to find somewhere else to go.
也許就是更糟!咖啡館很快要關閉了、到時你們都得另外找地方去。
Oh no....
哎呀,不會吧。
What’s this all about, Tony?
托尼,這到底怎么回事?
A big property company ,they’re building new luxury flats, just behind here. They want to get rid of these old buildings.
一家大地產公司,他們要建造新的豪華公寓,就在這后面。他們想拆除這些老建筑。
“Get rid of”?
拆除?
Yeah...knock them down. Demolish them.
對,把它們推倒,拆毀它們。
Oh no, that’s terrible.
哦,不,這太糟糕了。
It is terrible! I’ve worked here for ages. I mean, they’re offering me compensation, but I want to stay here.
是很糟糕!我在這兒工作很多年了。我是說。他們會給我賠償,但我更愿意留在這里。
Oh no...I’ve just realised...perhaps that means my shop’s affected too...
哎呀,不好,我剛剛意識到,也許我的店也會受到影響。
It might be. Your shop’s only next door...
有可能,你的店就在隔壁。
They can’t knock my shop down! We must do something...
他們不能拆我的店!我們必須得做點什么。