Hello Tony! How are you?
你好,托尼,還好吧?
Alright, I suppose.
還算不錯。
Good to hear you sounding so happy! Hey, where is everyone?
你聽起來這么高興,真好啊!咦,大家都去哪了?
Everyone who?
大家都是誰啊?
You know, the regulars Olivia,Sarah,Harry, Magda...
奧利維亞,薩拉,哈利,麥格達,你知道啊。
Don’t know. They’ll probably come in sooner or later. They’re always here.
不知道。他們遲早回來。他們總是在這里。
Hello!
你好!
Oh. Er, hello.
嗯,你好。
I haven’t seen you in here before.
我以前在這兒沒見過你啊。
No. I haven’t been in here before.
是的,我以前沒來過這里。
That’s probably why then!
這也許就是原因了!
Er, I don’t understand.
我沒明白。
Er, ok, well, never mind then. Listen, can I get you a drink? Would you like a coffee or something?
啊,沒事,不管它,聽著,我能請你喝一杯嗎?你想來杯咖啡還是別的什么?
Erm, well, that’s very kind of you, but no thanks.
嗯,啊,謝謝,但是不用麻煩了。
Go on! Have something! My treat! You can't sit here not eating or drinking anything.
來吧,喝點什么!我請客!你不能光坐在這兒什么都不吃不喝啊。
Actually, I’m waiting for my boyfriend.
實際上,我在等我的男朋友。
Oh. Late, is he?
哦,他遲到了吧?
Well, only a little bit.
只是一會兒。
You can talk to me if he doesn’t show up!
要是他不出現,你可以跟我聊!
Hello there! Hi!
嗨!你好!
I see you two have already met each other.
我想你們兩個已經見過了。
Oh no, not really.
哦,不,實際上還沒有。
No, I was just being polite, you know.
沒有呢,我正想客套一下,你知道。
Sure! Fadi, let me introduce Bindyu.
當然!法帝,讓我給你介紹Bindyu。
Nice to meet you.
很高興認識你。
Nice to meet you.
很高興認識你。
Bindyu’s my girlfriend.
Bindyu是我的女朋友。
Oh, er. Great! How long have you been together?
哦,好啊!你們兩個交往多久了?
Oh, not long, only a couple of weeks.
嗯,不長,也就兩周吧。
You didn’t tell me you had a new girlfriend,Harry!
你可沒告訴我你新交了個女朋友,哈利!
Well, I haven’t seen you for a few weeks.
嗯,我可有好幾個星期沒看見你了。
No, of course. I was visiting my family.so, what’s happening here?
是,當然,我去看親戚了,那么,這邊都發生了什么事?
The big news is that they’re trying to close the cafe! No!
重大的新聞是有人想讓咖啡館關張。不!
Yes, and Olivia’s shop too.
是的,還有奧利維亞的商店。
That’s terrible! Why?
太糟糕了!為什么?
A big building company are building new flats behind here.They want to knock down the café and Olivia’s shop to make more space.
一家大的房地產公司要在這后面建造新公寓。他們想拆掉咖啡館和奧利維亞的商店,騰出更多的地方。
Oh no.What can we do to stop them?
不好,我們能做些什么阻止他們?
Well, we’ve got a few ideas.There’s a guy who comes in here sometimes called Carlos he works for the builders. He might help us. And Sarah and Olivia said they had some ideas.
哈,我們有幾個主意。有個時常上這兒來的人叫卡洛斯,他給那些建筑商工作,他也許能幫我們。薩拉和奧利維亞也說她們想了一些辦法。
We should start a campaign!
我們應該發起一次情愿活動!
Good idea! I’m a journalist. I could write something in the local newspaper.
好主意!我是記者,可以在本地報紙上寫點什么。
Erm, I thought you wrote for interior design magazines.
啊,我本以為你是為室內設計雜志撰稿的。
Well, yes, I do, that’s true. But I know somebody who works for the local newspaper. And I want to do more serious journalism.
嗯,對,這倒是真的。但我認識在本地報紙工作的人,還有,我想做一些更嚴肅的報紙。
Sounds like a great idea! Good luck! I think we should put a banner in the window of the cafe.
聽起來是個好辦法!祝你好運!我想我們還應該在咖啡館的窗戶外打出一幅標語。
A banner?
標語?
Yeah, you know a big sign that says “Save Our Café!”or something like that.
對啊,你知道的,一幅大標語,上面寫著“救救我們的咖啡館”之類的話。
Hello all!
大家好!
Hey! Good to see you again!
是啊,真高興見到你!
Yeah... you too! How’s it going?
是啊,你也是!近來怎么樣?
Great I’m going to put a banner in the cafe window “Save Our Café!”
挺好,我正要在咖啡館窗戶外面打一幅標語,寫上“救救我們的咖啡館”。
Good idea..can you save my shop too?
好主意,你能把我的店也一塊救了嗎?
Let’s hope so! Bindyu’s going to write an article in the local newspaper.
希望如此吧!Bindyu打算在報紙上寫一篇文章。
Bindyu?
誰是Bindyu?
Hello! I’m Bindyu.I’m Harry’s girlfriend.I’m a journalist.
你好!我就是Bindyu,我是哈利的女朋友,是個記者。
OK, great, nice to meet you! Hi!
太好了。很高興見到你!
Here’s Carlos! He’s going to help us too!
這是卡洛斯,他也打算幫助我們!
Well, I don’t know, I’d like to help, but I’m not sure what I can do.
嗯,我還不知道,我愿意幫忙,但不確定自己能干什么。
You make food for the builders, don’t you?
你不是給建筑商們做飯嗎?
Yes, I do.
是的。
You could put poison in it!
你可以在飯店里面下毒。
Erm, well, no, I really don’t think.
額,不,我其實不認為。
Only joking!
只是開玩笑啦。
I was looking for Sarah is she here?
我在找薩拉,她在這兒嗎?
No, I think she’s coming in with Magda later..why?
不在,我想她會和瑪格達一起晚點過來,干嘛?
Oh, no reason.I just wanted to see her.
哦,沒什么。我只是想見她。
I see.oh look, here they are now!
我明白了,哎,看,她們來了!
Hello everyone! Hi!
大家好!
Hi Carlos! Good to see you again! Hi!
嗨,卡洛斯,很高興再次見面!你好!
Listen everybody, Magda’s got some good news!
聽好,各位,麥格達帶來一個好消息!
Yes,I got my master’s degree with a distinction!
對,我以有益的成績獲得了碩士學位!
Wow! Well done!
哇,干得好!
So you get a well-paid, full-time job with the architects!
那么,你得到了薪水豐厚的建筑師全職工作!
Yes I do!
是的!
Which means we can afford to stay in our expensive flat.
這意味著我們能付得起錢,住在昂貴的公寓里。
There’s only one problem, though.
可是,還有一個問題。
Oh? What’s that?
什么問題?
I’m not really sure how to tell you this.
我真不知道怎么開口。
Go on!
說吧!
Well, the architects I work for.
我為之工作的那個建筑師。
Yeah? Go on!
怎么了?繼續說啊!
They have a big new project.
他們有一個新的大項目。
Sounds interesting.
聽起來不錯。
And they want me to work on it.
他們想讓我也參與。
Even better.
那更好了。
Well, not really you see, the project they want me to work on.Yes
不是啦,要知道,他們讓我參與那個項目。什么呀?
It’s the new luxury flats the building here the people who want to close the cafe and your shop!
就是新的豪華公寓。這里的那個建筑,他們就是想關掉咖啡館和商店的那些人!