“Campaign to save local shops”
拯救本地商店運動
Yes, they put my article on the front page of the newspaper.
是啊,他們把我的文章登在報紙的頭版上。
“Historic buildings threatened by new development”
歷史建筑面臨新開發區威脅。
I feel like a real journalist now!
我都感覺像一個真正的記者了!
It must make a change from writing about interior design.
一定與撰寫關于室內設計的文章不大一樣!
Oh yes.
是的。
Let’s have a look.
讓我們看一看。
Great photo as well,look, you can see my banner on the front of the café!
照片拍得也很好啊,瞧,能看見我掛在咖啡館前面的標語!
“We have discovered that Tony’s Café and the shoe shop threatened with demolition are actually historic buildings.”Erm,it was really me and my friend who discovered that, Bindyu, not you.
“我們發現,面臨拆除威脅的托尼咖啡館和鞋店實際上是歷史建筑。”嗯,其實是我和我的朋友發現的,Bindyu,不是你。
Yes, you’re right, but what’s important is that now they can’t close the café!
是,你是對的,但重要的是他們現在無法關閉咖啡館了!
Or my shop.
還有我的商店。
Exactly!
完全正確!
I guess you’re right.“We have found exclusive information which shows that the company building the new flats who want to demolish the historic buildings to make more space know they should not demolish the buildings...”Hang on! The building company already know! How did you find that out?
我想你是對的,“我們取得的獨家消息顯示,計劃拆掉歷史建筑,騰出更多空間建造新型公寓的那家公司,早已知道他們不該毀掉這些建筑”,等等!建筑公司早就知道!你是怎么發現的?
It’s an exclusive! A scoop!
這是獨家新聞!內幕消息!
But how did you find that information?
但是你怎么取得這個消息的?
That’s a secret!
這是秘密!
Go on, tell us!
說啊,告訴我們!
A good journalist never reveals her sources!
好記者從不透露消息來源!
Go on, tell us!
說嘛,告訴我們!
Magda told me!
麥格達跟我說的!
Hello everyone!
大家好啊!
Talk of the devil.
說曹操曹操到。
Sorry? Devil?
曹操?
Magda, I’m sorry.it’s just an expression.
抱歉,麥格達,這只是一個形容。
What does it mean?
什么意思?
If you’re talking about somebody, and then they appear, you say: “Talk of the devil...”
如果你正談到某人,他們也正好出現,就可以說“說曹操曹操到”。
Oh. I see. And why were you talking about me?
噢,我明白了,你為什么正好談到我呢?
You gave some important information to Bindyu.
你給了Bindyu某些重要的消息。
Well, yes, it’s true. I did find out some interesting information. It’s my new job,I work for that company, you know.
嗯,是真的,我的確發現某些有意思的消息,這是我的新聞工作,為那家公司工作,你知道的。
Yeah. I was surprised you found that confidential information!
是。我意外的是你發現內幕消息。
But I didn’t think you’d write about it,Bindyu!
但是我沒料到你把它寫出來,Bindyu!
Don’t worry. I didn’t mention your name anywhere! This is good journalism
別擔心,我在哪也沒有提到你的名字。我是講新聞職業道德的。
I guess so, but.if my employers find out I gave information to you, I could be in trouble! I might lose my job!
我猜也沒提,但是,如果我的老板發現是我把消息透露給你,我就有麻煩了。
Oh no...
哎呀,不會吧。
Don’t worry Magda. No one will know, and our campaign will be successful.OK
別擔心,麥格達,沒有人會知道,我們的行動一定會取得成功的。好吧。
Yeah,you watch there’s no way they can close the café now!
對,你看著吧。現在他們沒辦法關閉這家咖啡館了!
I hope you’re right.
希望你是對的。
Oh!Wow!Hey!Hi!!
哦!哇!嘿!嘿!
Erm, who’s this?
嗯,這是誰啊?
Johnny!!!Hi!!!
約翰尼!嗨!
Welcome back!
歡迎回來!
Good to see you, man!
見到你太好了,伙計!
Good to see you all again! I’m back!
再見到你們真好!我回來啦!