So, after our successful Christmas, what are we going to do for New Year’s Eve?
成功舉辦了圣誕聚會以后,新年除夕夜我們打算干點什么?
When is New Year’s Eve? Tomorrow!
新年除夕夜是什么時候?明天!
New Year already! Christmas has only just finished!
都新年啦!圣誕節才剛剛結束!
Strictly speaking, Sarah, it still is Christmas,Christmas goes on until January 6th. New Year’s Eve is part of Christmas.
嚴格來說,薩拉,這還算圣誕節,圣誕節一直要持續到1月6日呢,除夕夜也是圣誕節的一部分。
Wow, it never ends.
哇,歡樂永不停啊。
I can cook again! Is there a special dinner for New Year in Britain? Not really.
我又能烹飪了!在英國,新年有什么特別大餐嗎?實際上,沒啥。
In China there are lots of processions in the streets. Are there processions here? Not really.
在中國,街上會有很多慶祝游行,這里有嗎?沒有。
In China New Year is a very important holiday. Is it very important in Britain? Not really.
中國新年是一個非常重要的節日,在英國重要嗎? 也不重要。
So what do people do for New Year?
那人們在新年干什么?
Depends.some people have parties, some people go to a pub or a club and drink a lot.
看情況,有些人舉行聚會,有些人去酒吧或夜總會痛飲一場。
Some people go and stand outside,quite a lot of people go to Trafalgar Square in the centre of London.
有些人到外面活動,相當多的人去倫敦中心的特拉法爾加廣場。
Let’s do that!
我們也這么辦吧!
No way! It’s too cold!
不行!太冷了!
And usually raining!
而且通常會下雨!
And too chaotic!
而且太亂!
Do people drink a lot? Some do.
人們會喝很多酒嗎? 有些人會。
I hate drinking beer.
我不喜歡喝啤酒。
A lot of people stay at home and watch TV.
許多人待在家里看電視。
Then sing a song at midnight.
然后在午夜時唱首歌。
What’s the song?
什么歌?
It’s a Scottish song really.
那其實是首蘇格蘭歌曲。
That’s nice. What do the words mean?
真好聽,說的什么意思?
Erm, well, no one really knows.
呃,這個嘛,其實沒人真正懂。
Some people know.
有人懂啊。
In Scotland, probably.
可能在蘇格蘭吧。
So what shall we do, then?
那我們到底做什么呢?
I don’t want to go to a pub and get drunk.
我不想去酒吧喝酒。
We could go to a club,I know some great places,we can go out dancing till dawn! Great music, lots of girls.
我們去夜總會吧,我知道有些很棒的地方,我們可以在那一直跳到天亮!很好的音樂,很多女孩。
You and your girlfriends.
你和你的女朋友們。
OK, OK.let’s forget that idea then.
好吧,好吧,那我們不提這個了。
No, it’s not for me.I don’t think Bindyu would like it.
是啊,對我來說不合適,我想Bindyu不會喜歡那里。
Come on Harry, you can’t let Bindyu organise your life!
行啦,哈利,你可不能讓Bindyu安排你的生活!
She doesn’t organise my life! I like being with her, and I like doing the things she wants to do.
她沒有安排我的生活!我喜歡跟她在一起,我喜歡做她愿意做的事情。
I’ve lost you, mate!
我失去你了,哥們!
I think you need a girlfriend too!
我覺得你也需要個女朋友!
Hey! No way! I’ve got lots of girls!
嘿!那可不行!我女朋友多著呢!
Oh yeah? How come I’ve never met them?
哦,是嗎?我怎么從來沒見過他們?
Well, erm, hey, erm... you know how it is.
嗯,呃,你知道是怎么回事了。
I think we should have a procession. Where?
我想我們應該組織場游行。在哪?
Just around the café.
繞著咖啡館。
What’s that? A procession in my café? Forget it! Anyway, I close early on New Year’s Eve, so you lot will need to find something else to do.
什么?在我的咖啡館游行?算了吧!總之,我在大年夜提前打烊,所以你們幾個得找點別的事干。
We have to decide now then,what are we going to do on New Year’s Eve?
那我們現在就得決定,新年夜到底做什么?
I’m going to see Bindyu. I think we’ll stay at home.
我去看看Bindyu,我想我們會在家里待著。
I’m going to stay at home too. My sister’s going to a party with her husband, so I have to look after my nephew Joe.
我也打算在家里待著,我姐姐要和她的丈夫去參加派對,所以我得照顧小外甥喬。
Now you tell me!
你現在才告訴我!
Sorry.listen,why don’t you come round? Erm.OK then.
對不起,聽著,不如你過來吧?呃,那好吧。
Sarah.erm.I er would you like to come out with me?
薩拉,嗯,我,你想和我一起出去嗎?
I can’t leave my friend Magda on her own!
我可不能把我的朋友麥格達一個人丟下來!
And hang on,what about me, too!?
等等,我呢?
OK, everyone.I guess you can all come to my house, but only until midnight! Then you all have to go home!
好了,大家伙,我想你們都來我家吧,但就到午夜哦,然后你們就都回家。
Hooray! Great idea! Happy New Year!!!
好呀,好主意!新年快樂!