So, did you see the flat?
房子看了嗎?
Yeah, it’s great...really spacious, really light, good location near a tube station and not too expensive!
房子很大,很敞亮,挨著地鐵,位置也不錯,也不貴!
Sounds perfect. There’s got to be a catch...
聽起來不錯,會不會有什么問題。
Well, Fadi’s cousin is the owner...
法帝的表弟是房主。
That’s not a problem, is it?
這不會是問題吧?
No...no, I don’t think so...He seems ok...
我想不是,他看起來很好。
You don’t sound sure...
聽起來不是很確定。
No, really, he’s ok. And I really need a new place!
沒有,他很好,我非常需要住的地方!
So you think you’ll move in?
你想住進去?
Yeah, certainly. Already decided....I move in on Saturday!
是的,當然,已經決定了,我周六住進去!
Great!
太好了!
Hi there Johnny! Come and have a seat! How’s it going?
你好Johnny,過來坐,境況如何?
Great thanks...just waiting for Harry.
不錯,謝謝。我在等哈利呢。
You two are hanging out together all the time at the moment...
你倆最近經常在一起哈。
We’re good mates, we get on really well...
我倆是好朋友,且相處的很融洽。
Isn’t Harry working for you as well now?
難道哈利現在也在為你工作嗎?
No!!! He’s working with me, not for me...there’s a very big difference!
沒有!他和我一起工作,不是為我工作,這里有很大的不同!
What’s that?
那又是什么呢?
Well, if he was working ‘for’ me, that means I’d be his boss!
呃,如果說他是在為我工作,那我就是他老板了。
But he’s working ‘with’ me, which means that we work for the same company, that’s all.
但是,他現在是和我一起工作,這個的意思是我倆現在在同一個公司工作。僅僅是這些而已。
I’m not sure I’d want to be in the same office as you and Harry! What do you do, talk about football all the time?
我不確定我是否想像你和哈利一樣在同一個辦公室工作,你們都干些什么?一直都在談論足球?
No! We don’t even work in the same office!
不!我們甚至不在同一個辦公室工作。
Sorry, only joking...I didn’t mean to be rude, but I think it’s a good idea to keep friends and work separate...
對不起,僅僅是開個玩笑,我并不是有意而為,我只是在想將友情和工作劃清界限倒是一個不錯的主意。
Mmm, I agree...
這個我同意。
You could be right,but we don’t actually work together closely.
你應該是對的,事實上我們合作并不密切。
It’s a big company you know, and Harry works on the IT side.
你知道這是個大公司,且哈里是在IT部門工作。
I’m at the front of the operation,searching out opportunities, winning contracts, clinching deals...
我的工作是負責開發市場,贏得合作機會,完成交易。
Alright for you then!
就按你說的好了。
I’ll be rich in three years...
三年后我就會有錢了。
That’s what you always say! There are more important things in life than money, you know!
你總是這么說!你知道,生活中有許多事情比賺錢更重要!
Magda, don’t worry...not all Chinese people are like that. We don’t only care about money!
馬格達,不要擔心,并不是所有的中國人都像他一樣。我們不只關心錢。
Maybe, but all I mean is, well, I know where I’m going...
或許吧,但是我的意思是說,我知道我的目標在哪里。
Lucky you...I wish I did...I’m about to finish my degree and haven’t got anything lined up for the future yet...
你真幸運,我也希望我有目標。我馬上就要完成學業了,還沒有考慮自己的未來。
Oh dear...nothing at all?
親愛的,一點都沒有嗎?
Well, I’ve got an interview with a small architect’s practice next week...
我下周會去一個小型建筑項目面試。
That’s great news! Well done!
好消息!干得好!
Yeah...but...I’m really worried about it! I’ve never done a job interview before. Can you give me some advice?
是的,但是我非常擔心!我從來沒有面過試。能給我一些建議嗎?
Erm...I guess I could help...I’ve done one or two interviews...
我想我能幫忙。我面過1-2次試。
I’ll tell you all you need to know! Don’t worry. Just listen to me, take my advice and you’ll definitely get the job!
我會告訴你你想知道的!別擔心。聽我說,接受我的建議,你一定會得到這份工作!
Oh, er, well, great...
太好了。
But I can’t tell you now...got to go...
但是現在沒法告訴你了,我要走了。
Where are you off to in such a hurry?
你這么著急去哪啊?
Got an appointment with the boys, haven’t I?
兄弟們有約會?
Fadi and Harry,we’re all playing football this evening. Bye!
法帝和哈里,我們晚上要踢足球。再見!
Bye!!
再見!
譯文屬可可英語原創,未經允許,不得轉載。