Oucchh!! Be careful!
啊!小心!
All right, all right...I’m trying..you’re heavy!
好的,我在小心,你太重了!
He’ll need his crutch...hang on...here you go...ok...can you sit down now?
他要他的拐杖,等等,給你,你現在能坐下嗎?
Yeah...I think so.
是的。
Oh my goodness!! What has happened?
噢,天吶!發生了什么事?
Johnny! What have you done to your leg?
約翰尼!你的腿怎么了?
Sporting injury.
運動的時候受傷了。
Oh no! What happened?
噢不!怎么回事?
Well, we were playing football...me and the boys...
額,我們當時在一起踢足球...
We were...that’s right...
沒錯,是我們在一起...
And I was Sun Jihai, from Manchester City...
我踢得位置是曼徹斯特的孫繼海。
I was Drogba, from Chelsea...
我是切爾西的德羅巴...
And I was David Beckham, of course...
我當然是大衛·貝克漢姆。
So you were playing football, and Johnny got injured?
你們在一起踢足球,然后約翰尼就受傷了?
Ermm...
恩...
Did someone kick him?
是有人踢到他了么?
No...
不是的...
Did he fall over?
他摔倒了?
Not exactly...
不完全是這樣...
Well what happened then?
好吧,那到底是怎么回事?
It wasn’t really a sporting injury...
這個傷不能完全算是運動造成的...
Go on!
說啊!
It was kind of a sporting injury...
這是一種運動傷害。
But we’d actually finished playing football...
但是我們那會確實是已經踢完球了。
And we decided to go to the pub for a drink...
并且我們決定去酒吧喝一杯。
And as we were walking there...
我們當時計劃走路過去...
I slipped and fell over.
就在那時我滑到了,并且摔了一跤。
What?
什么?
That’s ridiculous! That’s hilarious!
這真是太可笑了!這真是太可笑了!
Hmmpph. Thank you very much. Here comes Magda, at least she’ll give me some sympathy...hi Magda!
嗯,非常感謝。瑪格達來了,她至少能夠給我一些安慰,你好,瑪格達!
Hi Johnny...oh dear! What happened to your leg?
你好,約翰尼,啊,你的腿怎么了?
Long story...don’t really want to talk about it...
一言難盡,你不想說說嘛
Really Magda, it’s better if you don’t know.
真的,瑪格達,你最好不要知道。
Just don’t ask! We’ll tell you later...don’t worry!
別問了!我們一會會告訴你,別擔心!
Erm, ok then...sure..listen, Johnny, I was hoping you were going to give me some interview advice...do you remember? I have an important interview next week...
額,聽著,約翰尼,你說要給我一些面試建議,你忘記了?我下周有一個很重要的面試。
Oh sure, yeah, I remember. Yes, good idea I’ll give you some tips. It’ll help take my mind off this injury...So, interviews, well, first thing make sure you dress smartly.
當然,我記得。好主意。我給你一些建議。這樣我就不會老想著受傷。面試,第一件事就是要穿著得體。
How do you mean “smartly”?
什么是“得體”?
Well, wear a suit...a grey one...
穿一件灰色的套裝。
A woman’s suit?
女士套裝?
Yeah.you know the kind of thing, skirt and a jacket...
你知道的,T恤和夾克。
Ok...
好的。
Erm, I’m not sure that’s always right, though...it depends on the company, surely.
嗯,我不確定這總是對的,這要看什么公司。
How do you mean?
什么意思?
Well, if you’re going to a company where everybody wears smart suits like the kind of people Johnny works with then, yeah, you should wear a suit.
如果你去的公司像約翰尼公司一樣,穿得體的衣服,那么你就應該穿套裝。
But if the company you’re applying to isn’t the kind of company where everyone wears suits all the time...
但是,你申請的公司不總是穿套裝的話,
Where people dress more casually...
如果他們都穿得很隨意,
Exactly...you don’t want to look overdressed, too formal...
是的,你不想看起來穿的太正式,
No, I guess not...
不,我想不是。
You just need to look like you fit in!
那么你就可以穿你覺得合適的衣服。
Yeah, that’s good advice. But you have to know first, and that’s the second thing I wanted to say research the company!
好主意。但是你首先應該了解的是,第二件事就是要對公司有所了解。
Find out as much about them as you can! Don’t let them ask all the questions...
能了解多少就了解多少!不要讓他們總是問問題。
Yes, that’s right they always give you a chance to ask a question, so ask an intelligent question!
是的,他們會給你機會問問題的,問一個好問題。
Just one or two questions are enough, no more than that.
1-2個問題就行,不要太多。
Yeah, to make you sound interested, and look interested...
讓別人對你的回答感興趣,讓人看見你以后感興趣。
Precisely look interested. Body language. It’s really important. Make sure you look the interviewers in the eyes....
很對,感興趣。肢體語言。非常重要。要確保看面試人的眼睛。
But don’t stare at them!
但是不要瞪他們!
No.
不會。
But show you’re confident, and you know what you’re talking about...
要顯示出你的自信,知道你在說什么。
That’s the problem...I’m not sure that I do!
這是個問題,我很不確定。
Oh, and don’t be late for the interview! Plan to get there early.
面試別遲到!早點去。
So much advice, so much to think about...it’s making me more nervous, not less!
這么多建議,要考慮的事情很多。這讓我感到了緊張!
Oh dear...
親愛的。
Don’t worry, that’s the important thing. Relax and enjoy it! What’s that?
別擔心,放松很重要。這是什么?
Oh, I forgot to tell you all my nephew Joe is here again today...
我忘記告訴你我的侄子喬今天又來了。
I remember Joe...he’s the little boy who’s always…… exactly!
我記得喬,那個小男孩,他總是,很正確。
Joe! Slow down please! Joe! Please be careful!
喬,慢點,喬,小心!
He’s so sweet...
他太可愛了。
He’s sweet as long as he doesn’t come near my...aaaagghhhh!!!!...my injured leg!!
他過來就不可愛了,啊!我的腿!
譯文屬可可英語原創,未經允許,不得轉載。