Joe! Can you stop that please! Can you please come here and sit down!
喬!你能不能停下來!過來坐下!
Hello there, Olivia. Who’s this?
你好,奧利維亞,這是誰?
This is Joe he’s my nephew.
他是喬,我的侄子。
Nephew?
侄子?
My sister’s son.
我姐姐的兒子。
Oh! I see. He’s lovely! I love children...
我明白了。可愛的孩子!我喜歡小孩。
Yeah, they’re great until you have to look after them...
如果由你來照看他們的話,就不可愛了。
You’re looking after him?
你照顧他?
Yeah, just for today, fortunately. My sister can’t get a babysitter. But Joe comes to my shop quite often. He loves it there...unfortunately!
幸運的是就今天,姐姐沒法請保姆。但是喬又經常來店里。很不幸,他喜歡這里。
Why’s that ‘unfortunate’?
為什么不幸?
Because he’s a pest, that’s why...
因為他是個討厭鬼。
What’s a ‘pest’?
什么是討厭鬼?
Somebody or something which makes you angry...
讓你生氣的人或事。
No!! I don’t believe it! He’s so sweet! How old is he?
我不信!他多可愛,他多大了?
Four, nearly five.
4歲,快5歲了
Whoooaaaa! Slow down there, little man! Who’s this?
喔,小孩,慢點!這是誰?
Fadi, meet Joe.
法帝,這是喬。
He’s Olivia’s nephew. And a sweet little pest!
他是奧利維亞的侄子。可愛的小壞蛋!
Oh really! I didn’t know you were Aunt Olivia!
真的嗎!我真不知道你已經是奧利維亞阿姨了!
Thank you very much Fadi. You make me feel old. Listen, have you had a chat with Harry yet?
非常感謝,法帝。你讓我感覺我已經老了。聽著,你和哈利聊了嗎?
About work?
關于工作嗎?
Yeah.
是的。
No, not yet, but I’m supposed to talk to him today. He said he’d be in here later.
還沒,但是我想我會今天和他談談。他說他一會過來。
Listen, though, it’s not true what Harry was saying...
聽著,哈利沒說真話。
About what?
什么沒說真話?
About me being upset if he can’t do the website for my shop...I don’t mind if he can’t do it!
關于讓我感到不安的事,如果他不幫我的店做網站,我就會感到不安。他做不了,我不介意。
He wanted far too much money. I could never have afforded it.
他要的太多。我給不起。
Now it’s ok, because he thinks he’s turning me down...I don’t have to offend him by saying ‘no’! A happy result all round!
現在好了,因為他認為他拒絕了我。我不用對他說“不”來傷害他了!結果圓滿。
I see...so I don’t have to bail you out, after all?
所以,我不用解救你了?
No!
不用!
Joe, can you stop that please? Come over here!
喬,能不能停下來?過來!
and here he is!
他來了!
Alright mate! Alright Olivia, Magda...who’s this young man?
大家好!你好奧利維亞,瑪格達,小男孩是誰?
My nephew, Joe.
我侄子,喬。
Hello Joe!
你好,喬!
He’s very...erm...what’s the word...energetic?
他非常,嗯,什么詞來著,精神充沛?
I just call him “trouble”!
我把他叫做“麻煩”!
So, Fadi, you wanted to talk business?
法帝,你想聊一聊正事嗎?
Yeah, finally...well, I’ve got the all clear from my uncle, so we’re on.
我和我叔叔談妥了,所以我們可以開始了。
Great.
太好了。
But...
但是。
There’s always a “but”!
總是有個“但是”!
You’re going to have to do us a favour and come down on the price, mate...
你得幫我們一個忙,把價格降下來。
What price did I quote you?
我當時的報價是多少?
Two thousand five hundred.
2500。
Well, seeing as you’re a friend, I could come down to two thousand four hundred, but not less than that.
你是我的朋友,我可以減到2400,不能再少了。
We can offer two thousand. That’s our top limit. We don’t have a bigger budget than that.
我們可以出2000.這是我們的上限。我們拿不出那么多錢。
Come on! You’re joking!
你是在開玩笑嘛?
Sorry mate. It’s two thousand, or nothing.
對不起,兄弟。2000,要不沒戲。
No way. Can’t be done. I’ve got to go now...got to go and see Johnny. he’s offered me a real job...bye all!
不可能。我要走了,去約翰那里。他提供給我一個工作機會。再見!
Oh no, do you think he’s really upset now?
不,你不認為他現在才真是不安嗎?
I don’t think “upset” is the word....
我不認為他是不安。
We can go a bit higher actually...I was just trying to be a tough negotiator.
其實我們還可以再高點。我只是想成為一名難對付的談判家。
A bit too tough, I think.
我想是有點難對付。
You should never mix work and friendship, anyway.
千萬不要修補工作和友誼。
And you probably shouldn’t have a business meeting in a café!
你不應該在咖啡館談生意。
Oh no. What a mess. I’d better go. Hang on..where’s my...where are my....I can’t find my mobile! Or my keys! Has anyone seen them?
不,全亂套了。我要走了。等等,我的,我的手機不見了。我的鑰匙,誰看見了?
Let’s look under the seats...they must be here somewhere...
在椅子下面找找,一定在什么地方。
I can’t see anything.
沒找到。
No sign.
沒看到。
How strange...hang on a minute, my nephew’s been terribly quiet for the last five minutes...what’s he up to...Joe!!!
太奇怪了。等等,我侄子這五分鐘怎么這么安靜?喬,你在干嘛?
譯文屬可可英語原創,未經允許,不得轉載。