Well Sarah, here’s the paper...I was looking at jobs...but you’ll need the “accommodation” page!
撒拉,這是報紙,我正在找工作,但是你需要“租房”版面!
Hmmm, not very sensitive, Harry...
嗯,哈利,不是很敏感。
Have to go now...see you all!
必須走了,再見!
Bye!
再見!
What’s the problem with your flat, then Sarah?
撒拉,你的公寓到底出了什么問題?
Well, I was renting a room in a shared house, but now the landlord has decided to sell the house, so we all have to move out...
我與別人合租,但是現在房主決定賣房,所以我們不得不都搬走。
Oh no...that can be really difficult in London. It’s so expensive here...
不,在倫敦是非常困難的,因為這里的房價很高。
I know, I’m not sure I’ll be able to afford it...
我知道,我不知道我能不能支付。
Tell me about it!
告訴我!
About what?
告訴你什么?
Sorry...I just mean, I know how expensive life is!
對不起,我只是說,我知道這里的生活是很昂貴的!
Why’s that?
為什么?
Olivia wants Harry to set up a website for her, but he’s asked for loads of money!
奧利維亞想讓哈利幫他建網站,但是他的要價很高!
Yeah...me too!
我也是!
I think he’s greedy.
我想他太貪心了。
I’m not sure about that...he’s a professional after all. He’s right to ask a reasonable amount for his work.
我不確定他是不是,但是他畢竟很專業。他有權要求合理的工資。
You’re just like him, I can see...only interested in money!
你真像他,我想你只對金錢感興趣!
Yeah, that’s right...
我想也是。
Leave off...I’m not only interested in money. I like football too...
別逗了,我不僅對錢感興趣,我還喜歡足球。
I don’t think I can afford it, but I don’t know how to say “no” without offending him now.
我想我支付不起,但是如果我說“不”的話肯定會傷到他。
Do you think he’ll be offended?
你認為他會被冒犯?
Perhaps...
或許吧。
I shouldn’t worry. He’s not a very sensitive guy, is he?
我不應該擔心。他不是那么敏感的人,不是嗎?
No! I like him, though...
當然不是!我喜歡他,盡管。
Oh yeah?
嗯?
Not in that way...he’s just a friend...
不是那種,他只是我的朋友。
“Just a friend”, eh?
只是朋友?
Are you jealous?
你妒忌嗎?
Get out of here! Course I’m not. I’ve got lots of girlfriends...
少來,當然不會,我有許多女朋友。
And they only ever last for two weeks!
他們不會超過兩個星期!
I like to keep them keen!
我喜歡讓他們喜歡我的感覺!
Oh yeah, sure..
當然。
Listen, Olivia, if it makes it easier for you, I think I’m going to take Harry up on his offer.
聽著,奧利維亞,如果這件事情讓你感覺簡單的話,我想我們應該接受他的邀請。
I’ll get him to do some work for me, then it won’t matter if you turn him down.
我會讓他為我做一些事情,如果你拒絕他的話,那也沒有關系。
I do some work for a website, Olivia. It’s called DimSum.co.uk
奧利維亞,我為一家網站做事情,叫作“DimSum.co.uk”。
it’s for the Chinese community in Britain. I could find out who does their website,they might be cheaper.
這個網站是為了生活在英國的華人社區而建立的。我能夠找到做網站的人,他們也許會便宜點。
Could you do that for me? I’d be really grateful.
你真能做嗎?我非常感激。
Sure, no problem.
沒問題。
And we’ll try and help you find a flat!
我們將幫你找到住的地方!
Thanks!
多謝!
How long have you got before you have to move out?
在你搬走之前你還有多長時間?
Only a month.
只有一個月了。
That’s not long.
不是太長。
I’ll ask around, see if anyone I know has a room free in their house...
我會幫你問問,看看誰有沒有閑置的房間。
I’ll do the same thing...
我也問問。
Me too!
我也是!
Ok everyone...we have a mission!
好的,大家,我們有任務了!
Find Sarah a place to live!
為撒拉找尋住處!
And tell Harry he’s greedy!
告訴哈利他非常貪心!
I think this might be difficult....
我想這恐怕有些難。
What? Finding you a flat, or upsetting Harry?
什么?為你找住處,或是激怒哈利?
Both!
兩個都做!
譯文屬可可英語原創,未經允許,不得轉載。