The Snow Plough
犁式剎車
Up until now you've been keeping the skis parallel and just sliding down.
到目前為止,你應該會保持平衡和滑行了。
It's now time to meet your new best friend - the snow plough.
現在我們來學習一種新的招式:犁式剎車。
You're going to push the backs of the skis out
你要推雪橇的后側
and create a vee or wedge shape with the skis
形成一個V字或其他形狀。
that's going to give you some resistance and the feeling of slowing down.
那會給你一些阻力和慢下來的感覺。
The easiest way to try the snow plough for the first time is down hill on the flat.
有一個最簡單的方法可以讓你在平地上聯系滑降時的犁式剎車,
You can use a friend
請你朋友幫忙。
and all they're going to do is pull you along
你朋友只要拉著你,
using the ski poles, slide for a couple of meters
用雪仗,滑幾米,
and then gently push both skis
接著慢慢推倆個雪橇
very important to make it equal,
訣竅就是用力均勻。
the backs of the skis wider and wider,
板尾之間的距離越拉越大。
look them in the eyes, its going to help you balance.
看看你朋友的眼睛,這能幫助你保持平衡。
Ok let's give it a go.
好的,我們來試試。
Start to slide.
開始滑。
I'm now simply going to push wider with the skis.
現在我開始一點點打開雪板。
If I keep going wider I'll actually see if I can stop him from pulling me.
如果雪板張開的角度足夠大,就好像她停止拉我似的。
Give that a few goes.
多試幾次
We've got the snow plough dialled on the flat,
現在我們已經掌握了如何在平地上剎車了
It's now time to actually try it for real.
是時候真槍實刀的來操練下了。
Same rules apply, remember the basics; looking forward, arms nicely in front and away from your body and relax.
記住應用這些要點:目視前方雪面,雙臂自然的保持在身體前方,放松身體
Pick up a bit of momentum, let yourself go and then very, very gently start to push the backs of the skis slightly wider.
施加一點動力,讓自己開始滑行,然后一點點打開板尾
If I increase that and go slightlybigger
如果我持續增大板尾之間的寬度
I'll actually come to a stop. Perfect control.
我最終就停了下來。完美的控制
Everything is gradual - nothing is rushed. Gently push out the back of the skis and you come to a complete stop.
每件事都循序漸進,不要急。逐漸的打開板尾你就完全停了下來
If you're finding you're giving yourself problems by swimming or making any weird hand gestures or putting the poles in the snow to try and help yourself
如果你發現自己總是像游泳一樣擺動雙臂、做出奇怪的姿勢的問題或者總想借助點仗幫助你停下來
A simple way: get rid of these things and place the hands onto the sides and keep the upper body nice and calm.
有一個最簡單的辦法:扔掉雪仗,雙手置于腿前,保持上身平穩放松
If you watch as I'm coming down literally my chest is going to face you all the way down.
這樣你就會看見我一路滑向你,也就是說:在滑降的過程中你一直直視的是我的上半身
Hands there, relax the upper body and just be gentle.
保持手臂姿勢,上身放松,慢慢打開板尾
Much better. Let's have another go.
好多了。我們再試一次。
注:本文翻譯由en88字幕組完成。