I was at 70 a day.
我有過一天吃70片
If I gave it to you, or anybody else,
如果你或者任何其他人吃的話
it could kill you.
可能會出人命
Me, I'm not saying it can't kill me.
而我 我不是說這不會害死我
I am at risk of that,
我這是在冒險
but my body has been more used to it than you.
但是我的身體對它的忍耐性更強
It's not just pain killers.
不僅僅是止痛藥
Many medicines have the power to lure us in.
很多藥都有成癮性
I had a situation where I kept waking during the night
我的問題是夜里總會醒
and I couldn't go back to sleep.
然后就睡不著了
I tried everything I could,
能試的辦法我都試過
so basically I went to see the doctor
總之 最后我去看醫生
and I explained to her what the problem was.
給她說明了我的情況
The tablets that she prescribed me was only a short-term thing,
她給我開的藥方只是短期的
six to eight weeks,
六到八周
and I've been on them for about 20 years, something like that.
而我已經吃了差不多20年了
When I was on steroids, when I was a lot younger,
我服用類固醇的時候 那時年紀很小
I can always remember looking at them thinking,
我一直記著自己盯著那些藥片 想著
"Can I actually give them up? When I'm in pain,
我真的能戒掉嗎 我疼的時候
what am I going to do, what am I going to take?"
我該怎么辦 我吃什么藥
Gradually, as the years went by,
漸漸地 天長日久
I began to realise that I was seriously addicted
我開始意識到自己嚴重上癮了
and I just needed more and more. I couldn't get off them.
我得吃越來越多 根本戒不掉