But many people question whether codeine even needs to be
但是很多人提出質疑
in these over-the-counter drugs in the first place.
非處方藥中是否有必要加入可待因
One of the things about the over-the-counter pain killers
有一點值得提出的是 柜臺出售的
that contain codeine with aspirin or paracetamol or ibuprofen
加了可待因的阿司匹林 撲熱息痛 布洛芬
is the amounts of codeine in those tablets
其所含可待因的劑量
is not thought to be enough to have a real effect on the pain,
并不足以讓人止痛
so you are probably no better off taking those tablets
所以吃了以后的效果并不比
than you are taking standard aspirin, ibuprofen or paracetamol.
單純的阿司匹林 撲熱息痛或布洛芬好
They don't contain enough
其中所含可待因的劑量
codeine to give you any additional pain relief,
不能減輕病痛
but there is enough to get you hooked.
但卻足以讓你上癮
Despite how dangerous pills can be, we still love them.
盡管藥物很危險 我們還是很愛它
If I could invent a pill to do anything,
如果我能發明一種萬能藥
I'd quite like one that
我想要一種
could just put you to sleep for 15 minutes
讓你只用睡十五分鐘
and you'd be completely refreshed when you woke up.
醒來以后就會煥然一新的藥
I'd invent one pill that covers the whole spectrum.
我想發明一種能治愈所有疾病的藥
You just take one pill in the day and that's it.
一天只吃一片
You're good to go.
然后你就好了