Jo's addiction started 18 years ago
喬 從18年前就開始上癮
when she was prescribed
當時醫生給她開了強效止痛藥
strong pain killers to deal with chronic pain.
來治療她的慢性痛
But by the time she'd been cured,
但當她被治愈時
she found she couldn't function without the drugs.
她發現自己已經離不開這種藥了
Over the years, the addiction has taken over her life,
這些年來 藥癮已經毀了她的生活
causing pain itself, limiting what she can physically do.
上癮引起疼痛 身體活動受到限制
Jo has struggled to
喬曾試圖克服藥癮
overcome her addiction but she can't escape it.
但是她卻擺脫不了
The problem is that she can score her drugs on the high street.
問題就在于止痛藥隨處可見
There is quite a lot of chemists when you look round,
你放眼望去會發現有很多藥店
and you go in and you do it on a rota system,
你可以對照藥劑師排班表去買
so one chemist thinks
所以每個藥劑師
that you're just getting them once per week.
都以為你只是每周買一次
But then you drag people into it and you don't mean to.
但是后來你拉你朋友去買 你不是有意
But you, you know, when I asked my husband to get them for me,
但是 當我讓我丈夫給我買藥的時候
he honestly said to me,
他真的對我說
"I can't, I can't go in there and get them for you.
我不能 我無法進去為你買
"It would be like dealing to you. You know,
這就像是幫你買毒品 你知道嗎
"This could be the one
這要可能會害死你
that kills you and I'd never forgive myself."
而我將永遠無法原諒自己