So already the pilots reveal this,that so many in the public score worse than random,so we have to think about preconceived ideas,and one of the main preconceived ideas
試運行結果已經表明有許多公眾的得分比隨機選擇還要低。所以我們不得不對那些先入為主的觀點進行思考其中一個主要的觀點是。
is about world income distribution.
關于世界上的收入分配。
Look here. This is how it was in 1975.
看這個 這是1975年的數據。
It's the number of people on each income,from one dollar a day a See, there was one hump here,
是人均收入的數值從每天一美元。看這里有一個高峰。
around one dollar a day, and then there was one hump here somewhere between 10 and 100 dollars.
在每天一美元左右然后這里還有一個高峰大約在10到100美元之間。
The world was two groups.
世界上有兩大群體。
It was a camel world, like a camel with two humps,the poor ones and the rich ones,and there were fewer in between.
像駱駝一樣 有兩個駝峰。窮人和富人介于兩者之間的人較少。
But look how this has changed:
但是我們來看看數字是如何變化的。
As I go forward, what has changed,the world population has grown,and the humps start to merge.
隨著時間推移 發生了什么樣的變化,隨著世界人口的增長兩個駝峰開始合并。
The lower humps merged with the upper hump,and the camel dies and we have a dromedary world with one hump only.
低的駝峰向高的駝峰融合。駱駝死了然后我們得到了一頭新的單峰駱駝,只有一個駝峰。
The percent in poverty has decreased.
貧困人口的比例減少了。
Still it's appalling that so many remain in extreme poverty.
但是依然很驚人,有這么多人仍然生活在極端貧困中。
We still have this group, almost a billion, over there,but that can be ended now.
大概還有接近10億人但這是可以被終結的。
The challenge we have now is to get away from that, understand where the majority is,and that is very clearly shown in this question.
我們現在所面臨的挑戰是如何擺脫這些觀念 去了解大多數人的處境。這一點在以下問題中得到了充分的體現。
We asked, what is the percentage of the world's one-year-old children who have got those basic vaccines against measles and other things that we have had for many years.
問世界上有多少比例的一歲兒童接種了那些我們已經使用了多年的對抗麻疹以及其他疾病的疫苗。
20, 50 or 80 percent?
百分之20 50 還是80?。
Now, this is what the U.S. public and the Swedish answered.
這是美國和瑞典公眾的回答。
Look at the Swedish result:
看看瑞典的結果。
you know what the right answer is.
你就該知道正確的答案是什么了。
Who the heck is a professor of global health in that country?
該國有個搞全球健康研究的教授是誰。
Well, it's me. It's me.
好吧是我。
It's very difficult, this. It's very difficult.
這非常難,非常困難。
However, Ola's approach to really measure what we know made headlines,and CNN published these results on their web
然而 奧拉用于測量我們所知多少的方法 上了頭條CNN在網站上公布了調查結果。
And they had the questions there, millions answered,and I think there were about 2,000 comments,and this was one of the comments.
有幾百萬人回答了這些問題。然后我記得大概有兩千多條評論。其中一條是這么說的。
I bet no member of the media passed the test, he said.
我打賭新聞界沒人能通過這個測試" 他說。
So Ola told me, "Take these devices.
然后奧拉跟我說"帶上這些設備。
You are invited to media conferences.
你被邀請參加的是媒體圈的會議。
Give it to them and measure what the media know.
分給他們 然后測一測新聞界知道多少。
And ladies and gentlemen,for the first time, the informal results from a conference with U.S. media.
女士們 先生們首先 是來自一場美國媒體會議上的非正式結果。
And then, lately, from the European Union media.
之后是來自歐盟媒體的。
You see, the problem is not that people don't read and listen to the media.
大家看 問題并不在于人們不讀或者不聽新聞。
The problem is that the media doesn't know themselves.
問題在于連媒體自己都不知道。
What shall we do about this, Ola?
我們對此該怎么辦呢 奧拉?
Do we have any ideas?
有什么主意嗎?。