You were beaten by the chimps.
你們被黑猩猩打敗了。
But it was close.
但很接近了。
You were three times better than the Swedes,but that's not enough.
你們的正確率比瑞典人高了三倍但這還不夠。
You shouldn't compare yourself to Swedes.
你們不應該拿自己跟瑞典人比。
You must have higher ambitions in the world.
你們對于世界的野心肯定不止于此。
Let's look at the next answer here: women in school.
來看下一個答案 女性所受的學校教育。
Here, you can see men went eight years.
這里 你可以看到男性是八年。
How long did women go to school?
女性所受的學校教育年限是?。
Well, we asked the Swedes like this,and that gives you a hint, doesn't it?
瑞典人是這么回答的。你從這里能總結出規律了是吧。
The right answer is probably the one the fewest Swedes picked, isn't it?
正確的答案很可能是最少瑞典人選擇的那個 對吧。
Let's see, let's see. Here we come.
咱們來看看開始。
Yes, yes, yes, women have almost caught up.
沒錯,沒錯,女性幾乎趕上了。
This is the U.S. public.
這是美國公眾的選擇。
And this is you. Here you come.
然后這里是你們的選擇 請看。
Well, congratulations, you're twice as good as the Swedes, but you don't need me a” So how come?
祝賀大家 你們的正確率比瑞典人高一倍。但是你們不需要我來怎么會這樣?
I think it's like this, that everyone is aware that there are countries and there are areas where girls have great difficulties.
我想這是因為大家都知道在有些國家。有些地區女孩子們依然處于巨大的困境之中。
They are stopped when they go to school,and it's disgusting.
她們不被允許去學校這是令人無法接受的。
But in the majority of the world,where most people in the world live,most countries, girls today go to school as long as boys, more or less.
但是在世界上的大部分地方。在大部分人生活的地區絕大多數國家女孩子們上學的時間和男孩子們一樣長或多或少。
That doesn't mean that gender equity is achieved, not at all.
這并不意味著男女平等已經實現了。完全不是。
They still are confined to terrible, terrible limitations, but schooling is there in the world today.
她們依然受到許多嚴重的束縛,但學校教育已經成為了主流。
Now, we miss the majority.
現在我們忽略了大多數情形。
When you answer, you answer according to the worst places,and there you are right, but you miss the majority.
當你回答問題時 你以最差的情形為依據,這并不意味著你錯了 但是你把大多數情形給忽略了。
What about poverty?
關于貧困呢?。
Well, it's very clear that poverty here was almost halved,and in U.S., when we asked the public,only five percent got it right.
非常明顯。貧困率幾乎減半。然而在美國 但我們向公眾提問時只有5%的人回答正確。
And you?
那你們呢?
Ah, you almost made it to the chimps.
差一點就跟黑猩猩一樣了。
That little, just a few of you!
一點點,就差你們中的一小部分人!
There must be preconceived ideas, you know.
先入為主的觀念是一定存在的。
And many in the rich countries,they think that oh, we can never end extreme poverty.
很多富裕國家都認為我們永遠無法消除極端貧困。
Of course they think so,because they don't even know what has happened.
他們當然是這么認為的因為他們根本不知道發生了些什么。
The first thing to think about the future is to know about the present.
想要預知未來必須先了解現在。
These questions were a few of the first ones in the pilot phase of the Ignorance Project in Gapminder Foundation that we run.
以上這些問題是由我們負責的Gapminder基金會在無知項目的試運行階段所提出的問題中的一部分。
and it was started, this project, last year by my boss, and also my son, Ola Rosling.
這個項目是在去年 由我的老板同時也是我的兒子 奧拉·羅斯林啟動的。
He's cofounder and director, and he wanted,Ola told me we have to be more systematic when we fight devastating ignorance.
他是聯合創始人兼總監。并且他想要奧拉告訴我我們在對抗驚人的無知的戰斗中需要更具有系統性。