柯藍:我喜歡這些網球鞋。正好我需要一雙新的。
Beth:We're here to buy you some dress shoes for attending Chelsey's wedding.
貝絲:我們來這里是給你買一些禮服鞋出席切爾西的婚禮。
You can't go wearing those worn out loafers, and you need time to break them in.
你不能隨便穿雙鞋就出去,你需要時間適應。
Curran:All right. Just pick whatever you think is suitable and let's go.
柯藍:好的。拿雙你覺得合適的,我們就走。
Beth:Don't you want to have a say in what you wear?
貝絲:你買鞋都不先挑挑看嗎?
I think these oxfords are nice. What do you think?
我覺得這些牛皮鞋很好。你看怎么樣?
Curran:Great. I'm a size 10 and a half.
柯藍:很不錯。我穿10號半。
I'll try them on and we'll go.
我試試然后我們就走。
Beth:You can't just buy the first pair of shoes you see. How about these?
貝絲:你不能第一眼看上就買的。這些怎么樣?
Curran:Those patent leather shoes?
柯藍:那些黑漆皮鞋?
They have purple laces. Well, if you think they're okay...
這鞋是紫色的鞋帶。好吧,如果你覺得不錯的話…
Beth:No, they're not.
貝絲:不,不是這樣。
These shoes are totally wrong for the occasion, not to mention hideous.
這些鞋子完全就是個錯誤的場合,更不用說可怕了。
I was just trying to get a rise out of you so you'll pick the shoes you like.
我只是想引起你的注意,這樣你就會選擇自己喜歡的。
Curran:But I don't care what I wear. Just pick a pair.
柯藍:但我不在乎穿什么。隨便拿一雙好了。
Beth:No, you pick.
貝絲:好吧,你挑吧。
Curran:Fine. How about these?
柯藍:好的。這些怎么樣?
Beth:No, they're not dressy enough.
貝絲:不行,不夠時髦。
They look more like sandals than dress shoes.
看起來更像涼鞋。
Curran:Then how about these?
柯藍:那些呢?
Beth:Those boots? Definitely not.
貝絲:那些靴子?絕對不行。
Curran:Okay, these then.
柯藍:好吧,就這些了。
Beth:Those shoes fasten with Velcro. Are you kidding me?
貝絲:這雙鞋是維可牢搭扣的。你在和我開玩笑嗎?
Curran:Okay, why don't you just tell me what my taste should be and I'll buy what you want me to buy?
柯藍:好吧,你為什么不告訴我我的品位,買你要我買的?
Beth:And leave you with no say in your own purchase?
貝絲:還有躲遠遠的,不對你買的鞋品頭論足?
What kind of cousin would I be if I did that?
如果我那樣做的話我會是個怎樣的表兄呢?