Heidi:You look very relaxed reading magazines in the middle of the workday.
海蒂:你工作時看雜志可真夠悠閑的。
Tim:It's my job.I'm tasked with spotting new trends.
蒂姆:這是我的工作。我的職責是掌握流行趨勢第一手資料。
Heidi:And you do that by reading magazines with your feet up?
海蒂:你翹著腿翻翻雜志就能得到你要的嗎?
Tim:Why not?
蒂姆:為什么不可以呢?
I also frequent places where hipsters hang out, listening to their conversations and observing what they're wearing, eating, drinking, and doing.
我也經常到潮人聚集的地方,聽聽他們談話還有觀察他們的衣著,吃喝,還有他們所做的事情。
Heidi:That doesn't sound too onerous.
海蒂:聽起來是個輕松差事。
Tim:It's all about finding the trendsetters, the people who are beta testers and early adopters.
蒂姆:這都是為了尋找潮流的趨勢,就像那些beta測試人員和早期體驗者一樣。
These are also the bellwethers for when a trend has run its course.
當潮流到來時也是引領者。
Heidi:Can't you just see what people are buying?
海蒂:你就不能看看人們都在購買什么嗎?
Tim:By then,it's too late.
蒂姆:到那時,已經太遲了。
Those are people who are jumping on the bandwagon,not the movers and shakers.
這些都是跟風隨大流者,不是運籌帷幄之人。
Heidi:Well,don't look at me.
海蒂:嗯,不要那樣看著我。
I lag behind every trend and don't have any idea what's in or out.
我每個趨勢都跟不上,不知道圈里圈外行情。
Tim:Luckily, you have me to tell you.
蒂姆:幸運的是,我可以告訴你。
I've been meaning to talk to you about your choice of footwear...
我一直想和你談談你對鞋子的品位…