艾瑞絲:我想邀請西蒙和杰里過來吃晚餐。
Alex:This isn't another attempt at matchmaking, is it?
亞歷克斯:這不會是你的另一場相親晚宴吧?
Jerry is a confirmed bachelor and he's not looking to marry or become involved in a relationship.
杰里可是打算一輩子光棍到底而且他連結婚或談情說愛的丁點念頭都沒有。
Iris:He's not a confirmed bachelor.
艾瑞絲:他才不想打一輩子光棍呢。
In this neighborhood with so many single women, he's an eligible bachelor.
這個有如此多單身女性的社區里他也算個鉆石王老五。
Alex:You mean in this neighborhood full of old spinsters!
亞歷克斯:你意思是這個社區都是大齡剩女!
Stop trying to set him up with one of them.
可別給他撮合一個。
Iris:How do you know he doesn't want a relationship?
艾瑞絲:你怎么知道他不希望談戀愛?
Maybe he's just shy and needs a little prodding.
也許他只是害羞,需要一點刺激。
Maybe he has a fear of commitment and we can all help him overcome it.
也許他害怕承諾,我們可以幫助他克服。
Alex:Maybe he just wants to be left alone by meddling neighbors and ladies on the prowl.
亞歷克斯:也許他因為管鄰居們的閑事及尋覓女士們被剩下。
There are many benefits to remaining a bachelor.
單身有很多好處。
Iris:You mean living a celibate and empty life?
艾瑞絲:你的意思是孤家寡人過活還有空虛的人生?
Alex:You're making too many assumptions.
亞歷克斯:你做了太多假設。
You don't know the first thing about his life and whether he's happy or not.
你對他的生活一無所知并且不知道他是否樂在其中。
In many ways, a bachelor's life is idyllic.
在許多方面,單身漢的生活都是詩情畫意的。
Iris:How can you say that?
艾瑞絲:你憑什么這樣說?
Alex:Would any bachelor have to have this conversation with anyone, ever?
亞歷克斯:你見過哪個單身漢會和別人有這樣的談話嗎?