Dear brothers and sisters, do remember one thing: Malala Day is not my day.
親愛的兄弟姐妹們,請記得一件事:“馬拉拉日”不是屬于我的日子。
Today is the day of every woman, every boy and every girl who have raised their voice for their rights.
今日是屬于曾為自己的權利說話的每一位女性,每一位男孩和每一位女孩。
There are hundreds of human rights activists and social workers who are not only speaking for their rights, but who are struggling to achieve their goal of peace, education and equality.
數以百計的人權活動家和社會工作者不僅為自己的權利發聲,同時也努力去實現和平、教育與平等等目標。
Thousands of people have been killed by the terrorists and millions have been injured.
成千上萬的人被恐怖分子殺害,數百萬人因恐怖襲擊而受傷。
I am just one of them.
我只是其中之一。
So here I stand. So here I stand, one girl, among many.
為此我站在這里,作為那些受到傷害的人群中的一員。
I speak not for myself, but so those without a voice can be heard.
我不僅為自己說話,也為那些無法讓人聽到他們聲音的人說話。
Those who have fought for their rights.
那些為自己的權利抗爭的人。
Their right to live in peace. Their right to be treated with dignity.
和平居住的權利。享有尊嚴的權利。
Their right to equality of opportunity. Their right to be educated.
享有平等機會的權利。接受教育的權利。
Dear friends, on 9 October 2012, the Taliban shot me on the left side of my forehead.
親愛的朋友,在2012年10月9日,塔利班往我的左額開槍。
They shot my friends, too.
他們也射殺我的朋友。
They thought that the bullets would silence us, but they failed.
他們以為子彈會讓我們沉默,但他們失敗了。
And out of that silence came thousands of voices.
那一沉默中響起了成千上萬的聲音。
The terrorists thought they would change my aims and stop my ambitions.
恐怖分子以為他們能夠改變我的目標,阻止我的理想。
But nothing changed in my life except this: weakness, fear and hopelessness died.
但是我的生活沒任何改變,除了:已逝去的懦弱、恐懼與無助。
Strength, power and courage was born.
堅定、力量與勇氣誕生了。
I am the same Malala. My ambitions are the same.
我還是同一個馬拉拉。我的理想依舊。
My hopes are the same. And my dreams are the same.
我的希望亦如故。而我的夢想依然不變。