Ninety thousand gold pieces, Littlefinger sighed. And we must not neglect the other costs. Robert will want a prodigious feast.
一共九萬金幣。小指頭嘆道,還得加上其他開銷。想也知道勞勃一定要大宴賓客。
That means cooks, carpenters, serving girls, singers, jugglers, fools.
也就是說我們需要廚師、木匠、女侍、歌手、戲子伶人和雜耍傻子…
Fools we have in plenty, Lord Renly said.
傻子我們倒是不愁找到。藍禮公爵說。
Grand Maester Pycelle looked to Littlefinger and asked, Will the treasury bear the expense?
派席爾總師看著小指頭問:國庫付得出這筆款子?
What treasury is that? Littlefinger replied with a twist of his mouth.
哪來的國庫?小指頭撇撇嘴,
Spare me the foolishness, Maester. You know as well as I that the treasury has been empty for years.
大學士您就別裝蒜了,你我都很清楚國庫已經空了好多年。
I shall have to borrow the money. No doubt the Lannisters will be accommodating.
還不是得伸手借錢,想必蘭尼斯特家會很樂意支援。
We owe Lord Tywin some three million dragons at present, what matter another hundred thousand?
反正咱們已經欠了泰溫大人三百多萬金龍,再借個幾十萬算什么?
Ned was stunned. Are you claiming that the Crown is three million gold pieces in debt?
奈德震驚無比。你說王室負債高達三百萬金幣?
The Crown is more than six million gold pieces in debt, Lord Stark. The Lannisters are the biggest part of it,
史塔克大人,此刻王室負債總額超過六百萬。蘭尼斯特家是最大的債主,
but we have also borrowed from Lord Tyrell, the Iron Bank of Braavos, and several Tyroshi trading cartels.
但我們也向提利爾大人、布拉佛斯的鐵金庫,還有好些泰洛西商行借過款。
Of late I've had to turn to the Faith. The High Septon haggles worse than a Dornish fishmonger.
最近我不得不另辟財源,把主意動到了教會頭上,總主教大人討價還價的本領之高,連多恩的魚販都比不上。
Ned was aghast. Aerys Targaryen left a treasury flowing with gold. How could you let this happen?
奈德簡直錯愕到無以復加。伊里斯·坦格利安留下了堆積如山的金銀財寶,你怎么會讓它淪落到這步田地?
Littlefinger gave a shrug. The master of coin finds the money. The king and the Hand spend it.
小指頭聳肩:財政大臣只管找錢,花錢的是國王和首相。

背景介紹:
《權力的游戲》是一部中世紀史詩奇幻題材的電視連續劇。該劇以美國作家喬治·R·R·馬丁的奇幻巨作《冰與火之歌》七部曲為基礎改編創作,由大衛·貝尼奧夫和丹尼爾·威斯編劇、HBO電視網推出。喬治·雷蒙德·理查德·馬丁是歐美奇幻小說大師。馬丁的作品主要以人物為關注點,描寫細膩豐富,突破了幻想文學界固有的創作模式,多次引領閱讀潮流。由于馬丁的輝煌成就,他被譽為美國的托爾金和新世紀的海明威。從1989年開始,馬丁淡出文學界,轉而投身演藝界發展,1996年他才重返文壇而開始奇幻文學的創作,處女作便是《權力的游戲》,即為《冰與火之歌》的首部曲。《權力的游戲》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻獎和星云獎年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不記名奇幻作品投票中,《冰與火之歌》儼然已經可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者網站的訪問量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.羅琳等不相上下,其受歡迎的程度可見一斑。喬治馬丁被時代雜志評選為2011年影響世界的一百人之一。