It's true. I saw it, one of the rapers put in.
是真的,俺親眼看到的。其中一名強奸犯說。
He broke my wrist, Grenn said again, holding it out to Noye for inspection.
他把我的手給打斷了。葛蘭邊說邊舉起手給諾伊看。
The armorer gave the offered wrist the briefest of glances.
武器師傅瞟了他手腕一眼,
A bruise. Perhaps a sprain. Maester Aemon will give you a salve.
我看只是擦傷,頂多扭到,伊蒙師傅那里有的是好膏藥。
Go with him, Todder, that head wants looking after. The rest of you, return to your cells. Not you, Snow. You stay.
陶德,你跟他一塊去,頭上的傷注意一下。其他人回營去。雪諾留下。
Jon sat heavily on the long wooden bench as the others left, oblivious to the looks they gave him, the silent promises of future retribution. His arm was throbbing.
瓊恩重重地坐回長板凳,不理睬其他人離去時的眼神,那眼神仿佛在向他保證事情沒這么容易解決。他的手一陣抽痛。
The Watch has need of every man it can get, Donal Noye said when they were alone. Even men like Toad. You won't win any honors killing him.
守夜人需要每一份力量,待他人都離開后,唐納諾伊道,甚至像是癩哈蟆這種人。殺了他,你也沒什么光榮可言。
Jon's anger flared. He said my mother was...
瓊恩怒火中燒。他說我媽是—
...a whore. I heard him. What of it?
是個婊子。我聽到了。那又如何?
Lord Eddard Stark was not a man to sleep with whores, Jon said icily. His honor...
艾德史塔克公爵才不是會去逛窯子的人,瓊恩冷冷地說,他的榮譽...
did not prevent him from fathering a bastard. Did it?
免不了他在外面生出個私生子,不是么?
Jon was cold with rage. Can I go?
瓊恩氣得渾身發冷。我可以走了嗎?
You go when I tell you to go.
我說可以你才可以。
Jon stared sullenly at the smoke rising from the brazier, until Noye took him under the chin, thick fingers twisting his head around.
瓊恩恨恨地盯著火盆升起的白煙,直到諾伊伸出粗壯的手托住他下巴,把他的頭粗暴地扭過來。
Look at me when I'm talking to you, boy.
小子,我跟你說話的時候看著我。
Jon looked. The armorer had a chest like a keg of ale and a gut to match.
于是瓊恩看著他。武器師傅的胸膛寬闊得像個酒桶,肚子更是大得驚人。
His nose was flat and broad, and he always seemed in need of a shave.
他的鼻子又寬又扁,那一臉胡子好似從來沒刮。
The left sleeve of his black wool tunic was fastened at the shoulder with a silver pin in the shape of a longsword.
他的黑羊毛外衣左襟用一個長劍形狀的別針系在肩頭。

背景介紹:
《權力的游戲》是一部中世紀史詩奇幻題材的電視連續劇。該劇以美國作家喬治·R·R·馬丁的奇幻巨作《冰與火之歌》七部曲為基礎改編創作,由大衛·貝尼奧夫和丹尼爾·威斯編劇、HBO電視網推出。喬治·雷蒙德·理查德·馬丁是歐美奇幻小說大師。馬丁的作品主要以人物為關注點,描寫細膩豐富,突破了幻想文學界固有的創作模式,多次引領閱讀潮流。由于馬丁的輝煌成就,他被譽為美國的托爾金和新世紀的海明威。從1989年開始,馬丁淡出文學界,轉而投身演藝界發展,1996年他才重返文壇而開始奇幻文學的創作,處女作便是《權力的游戲》,即為《冰與火之歌》的首部曲。《權力的游戲》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻獎和星云獎年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不記名奇幻作品投票中,《冰與火之歌》儼然已經可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者網站的訪問量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.羅琳等不相上下,其受歡迎的程度可見一斑。喬治馬丁被時代雜志評選為2011年影響世界的一百人之一。