Chapter 16 Miss Havisham realizes how Pip has suffered
第16章 郝薇香小姐認識到匹普蒙受了不少痛苦
When I went to see Miss Havisham the next day,as she had requested,her house looked darker than ever,and I realized how lonely she was without Estella.
當我第二天去看郝薇香小姐時,由于她的要求,她的屋子看來比以前更黑暗,我認識到,沒有艾絲黛拉,她是多么的孤獨。
She looked sadly at me.
她傷心地看著我。
Tell me,Pip,she said,stretching out her hand to me,how can I help your friend?You said something about it last time.
告訴我,匹普,她向我伸出手說,我怎么才能幫助你的朋友?上一次有關這件事你說了一點兒。
I explained my agreement with Clarrikers to make Herbert a partner.Nine hundred pounds still had to be paid.
我解釋我同克拉雷克斯的協議,讓赫伯特有股份,仍然有900英鎊必須支付。
And you will be happier if I pay this?
如果我支付這些,你會更高興?
Much happier.
會很高興。
can't I help you yourself,Pip?
我不能幫助你自己嗎?匹普。
There is nothing you can do,I answered.
你沒有什么可幫的,我回答說。
She wrote a cheque which she handed to me.Mr Jaggers will give you the money.
她寫了一張支票遞給我,賈格斯先生會給你錢。
And-here,Pip,handing me another piece of paper,here is a note with my name on.If,one day,you can write under my nameI forgive her,please do it.
這兒,匹普,她遞給我另一張紙,這兒是帶有我名字的票據。如果,有一天,你能在我的名字下面寫上我原諒她,請你這樣做。
關于《遠大前程》
并且希望最后能娶驕傲的埃·斯黛拉,他不但找了個叫畢蒂的女人,還找了村里的老修女。