Miss Havisham smiled.You can go home.Come again in six days'time.Estella,give him some food.GO,Pip.
郝薇香小姐笑著說:你會很快回家的,6天以后再來。艾絲黛拉,給他些吃的。去吧,匹普。
And so I found myself back in the overgrown garden in the bright daylight.
我發現自己在強烈的陽光下回到了那個長滿藤蔓的花園里。
Estella put some bread and meat down on the ground for me,like a dog.
艾絲黛拉給我拿了些面包和肉食,放在地上,像喂狗一樣。
I was so offended by her behaviour towards me that tears came to my eyes.
我被她的行為觸怒了,我的眼淚奪眶而出。
As soon as she saw this,She gave a delighted laugh,and pushed me out of the gate.
一看到這一切,她得意地一笑,就把我推出了門外。
I walked the four miles home to the forge,thinking about all I had seen.
我走了4英里的路回到鐵匠鋪,想起我所看到的一切。
As I looked sadly at my hands and boots,I remembered that I was only a common working boy,and wished I could be different.
當我傷心地看著我的雙手和靴子,我記住了,我只是一個普通家庭的孩子,我希望我能改變這一切。
My sister was curious to know all the details of my visit,and kept asking me question after question.
我姐姐好奇地想知道我出訪的細節,一個問題接著一個問題地問我。
Somehow I felt I could not,or did not want to,explain about Miss Havisham and her strange house.
不曉得什么緣故,我感到不可能,確實不能解釋郝薇香小姐和她那奇怪的住宅,
I knew my sister would not understand.
我知道我姐姐不會明白的。
And the worst of it was,that old fool Pumblechook arrived at tea-time,to ask more questions.
更糟糕的是老傻瓜潘波趣在喝茶的時間倒會來問更多的問題。
Just looking at his fishy staring eyes and open mouth made me want to keep silent.
看著他瞪著那魚眼,張著嘴巴,這使我保持了沉默。
Leave this boy to me,madam,he told Mrs Joe.I'll make him concentrate.Now,boy,what's forty-three and seventy-two?
把這孩子交給我,夫人,他告訴喬夫人,我會讓他聚精會神。喂,孩子,43加72等于幾?
I don't know,I said.I didn't care,either.
不知道,我說,我什么也不在乎。
Is it eighty-five,for example?he joked.
舉個例子,是85嗎?他開玩笑說。
關于《遠大前程》
皮普知道一旦逃犯被抓,他從逃犯那里繼承的財產也將被充公,因為他不會洗錢,又不懂法律,所以只好為了幫助被妒嫉的鄉紳告發的逃犯,愚蠢地決定帶著朋友赫伯斯冒險幫助他逃到外國。