So strange to him,so well-known to me,she whispered.
對他來說,如此陌生,對我來講習以為常,她自言自語道,
So new to him,so old to me.And so sad to us both!Call Es-tella!
對他新鮮,對我陳舊,而對我們倆是太凄涼了!叫艾絲黛拉!
When Estella finally came,with her candle,along the dark passage,Miss Havisham picked up a jewel from her table and put it in Estella's hair.
最終,艾絲黛拉拿著蠟燭沿著漆黑的過道來了,郝薇香小姐從桌子上拿起一塊寶石放在艾絲黛拉頭上。
Very pretty,my dear.It will be yours one day.
天哪,真漂亮,它將歸你一天,
Now let me see you play cards with this boy.
讓我看看你和這孩子玩牌。
With this boy!But he's a common working boy!
和這個孩子!他是一個普通人家的孩子。
I thought I heard Miss Havisham whisper,Well!
我想我聽到郝薇香小姐小聲說:喂!
You can break his heart!
你能夠打碎他的心!
She sat,like a dead body ready for the grave,watching us play cards in the candle-light.
她坐下,像一具要入墓的尸體,在燭光下看著我們玩牌。
I almost wondered if she was afraid that daylight would turn her into dust.
我?guī)缀踉谙耄绻龖峙玛柟猓桶阉瓦M塵埃里。
What coarse hands this boy has!
這個孩子的雙手多么粗糙!
And what thick boots!cried Estella in disgust,before we had finished our first game.
靴子多么的笨重!我們打完第一局之前,艾絲黛拉厭惡地喊著。
I was suddenly aware that what she said was true.
我忽然意識到,她是對的。
What do you think of her? Whispered Miss Havisham to me.
你認為她怎么樣?郝薇香小姐耳語對我說。
I think she's very proud,I whispered back.
我認為她很傲慢,我小聲回敬了一句。
Anything else?
還有呢?
I think she's very pretty.
我認為她很美。
Anything else?
還有呢?
I think she's very rude.And-and I'd like to go home.
我認為她不友好,還有——還有我想回家了。
And never see her again,although she's so pretty?
不想再見到她了,盡管她很漂亮?
I don't know.I'd-I'd like to go home now.
我不知道。現在,我想回家了。
關于《遠大前程》
皮普為了解救她,雙手受傷。老處女死前將遺產留給了艾斯黛拉和正直的親戚馬修。