Situation13: Arriving at the Party
場景13:到達晚會現場
(Mike, Charles and Bill arrive at the hotel and ask the doorman for directions.)
(麥克、查爾斯和比爾到了賓館并問守門人方向。)
Excuse me, but could you tell us where the grand ballroom is?
請原諒,你能告訴我們豪華舞廳在哪嗎?
Of course, sir.
當然,先生。
The grand ballroom is located on the second floor in the rear of the hotel.
豪華舞廳在賓館后面的三樓上。
Thank you.
謝謝你。
(Mike, Charles and Bill go up to the second floor and arrive at the entrance to the grand ballroom.
(麥克、查爾斯和比爾上了三樓到了豪華舞廳的入口。
There is a woman standing in front of the door.)
門前站著一個女人。)
Good evening, gentlemen. May I see your invitations?
晚上好,先生們。我能看看你們的請柬嗎?
Mike, you didn't tell me about any invitations.
麥克,你沒有告訴我什么請柬 。
Yeah, Mike, I thought you called Sarah and took care of it.
是的,麥克,我想你要打電話給薩勒并問一下。
I did. Look, miss……
我會的,瞧,小姐……
(The woman cuts Mike off.)
(這個女人打斷麥克。)
My name is not miss, it's Barbara.
我不叫小姐,我叫芭柏樂。
I'm sorry, Barbara, if I could just go in there and talk
對不起,芭柏樂,如果我能進去
to my friend Sarah I'm sure she could straighten this out.
跟我的朋友薩勒說一下,我保證她可以解決。
I'm sorry. Not without an invitation.
對不起。沒有請柬不行。
Yes, I understand.
是的,我明白。
But to get our invitations I have to go in and talk to Sarah.
但我必須進去跟薩勒說才有請柬。
Well, okay. But only you.
好吧。但是只有你能進去。
Your friends will have to wait here until you all have invitations.
你的朋友得在這等著直到你們都拿到請柬。
That's fine. I'll be right back.
那好。我會馬上回來。
(Mike goes in, finds Sarah, and returns with three invitations.)
(麥克進去,找到薩勒,拿著三張請柬回來了。)
Here you are, Barbara, three invitations. Sorry to bother you.
給你,芭柏樂, 三張請柬,很抱歉麻煩你。
No bother, I was just doing my job.
不麻煩,我只是做我的工作而已。