'Father and Mother like John,although he's poor,'said Meg.
爸爸和媽媽喜歡約翰,雖然他窮。麥格說。
'Be sensible,Meg,'said her aunt.'He knows I have money,and that's why he likes you,I suspect.'
理智點,麥格,她的姑媽說,他知道我有錢,我懷疑他正是為此而喜歡你。
'Don't say that!'said Meg.'My John wouldn't marry for money any more than I would!
不許那么說,麥格說。我的約翰不會為錢而結婚,我也不會!
We'll work and wait,and I'll132be happy with him because he loves me,and Meg stopped as she remembered that she had told'her John'to go away.
我們會工作,會等待,我和他在一起會感覺很幸福,因為他愛我,還有—麥格停了下來,因為她想起她已經告訴她的約翰走開了。
Aunt March was very angry.'Just don't expect anything from me when you are married!'she said.
馬奇姑媽非常生氣。等你結婚時別想從我這兒得到任何東西!她說,
And she went out of the room,banging the door behind her.
然后摔門而去。
Meg didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
麥格不知道該笑還是該哭。
Before she could decide,Mr Brooke came back in from the next room and puthis arms around her.
在她做出決定之前,布魯克先生從隔壁房間走回來,用雙臂摟住她。
'Oh Meg,I could hear your voices,'he said.
噢,麥格,我能聽到你的聲音,他說。
'Thank you for proving that you do love me a little.''I didn't know how much until she said those things about you,'said Meg.
謝謝你證明了你確實有一點愛我。在她說那些關于你的話之前我不知道有多少,麥格說。
'So I can stay, and be happy?' he said.
那么我能留下來高興高興了?他說。
'Yes,John,'she whispered,and hid her face on John's chest.
是的,約翰,她輕聲說,將她的臉埋在約翰胸前。

關于《小婦人》
書中的女主角喬是作者的影子,寫來更具光彩。她生性豪放,強調自我奮斗。當初父親馬奇先生因為幫助一個不幸的朋友而失去家產,兩個大的女孩懇求父母讓她們自己謀生。