Situation11: With a Co-Worker
場景11: 和同事在一起
Steve, James, how did the presentation go?
Steve, 詹姆士,這個陳述進行的怎么樣?
Don't ask.
不要問了。
Oh, it wasn't that bad.
噢,沒有那樣壞了
Steve did really well; I think they are sold.
Steve做得很好;我想他們會成交的
They were until you told them that we were .
直到你告訴他們。
making the same product for their competitors
我們正在為他們的競爭對手制作同樣的產品之前
You never tell them that.
你從未告訴他們那些。
I am sorry, but I cannot lie just to make a sale.
對不起,但是我在交易的時候不會撒謊。
Maybe that's why I'm terrible at sales.
大概那就是我為什么害怕做生意
Yeah, that's right.
是的,很對
From now on you just stick to designing and programming,
從今以后,你只要繼續設計和制作,
and leave the selling to me.
把銷售留給我干。
Don't be too hard on him, Steve.
不要對他太嚴格了
Mr. Wang might appreciate his honesty.
先生也許會贊賞他的誠實。
Even if you had lied to him, he's a smart guy,
如果你對他撒謊,他可是個精明的家伙
especially when it comes to computers,
特別是在電腦方面。
and he probably would have known anyway.
或者他會明白的。
Now he knows you guys and our company are honest;
現在他知道你的同事和我們的公司是誠實的。
we'll just have to see what happens.
我們只要看會發生什么吧。
Ture. And besides, Apple is really a tiny company when compared to all these PC giants.
是的。再說,蘋果跟這些大公司比起來真的是一個小公司。
I don't think Mr. Wang feels threatened by them.
我不認為王先生會被他們嚇倒。
I'm sure we'll know soon enough.
我相信我們不久就會全知道了。