Situation8: Meeting the Boss
場景8: 見老板
(Mr. Barnes calls Steve on the intra-office phone)
先生用室內電話叫)
Dawson?
Dawson嗎?
Yes, this is he.
是的,我就是
Contact Goddard and come up to my office immediately.
聯系Goddard并且立即到我的辦公室來
I want to go over today's meeting in advance.
我想提前召開今天的會議。
Mr. Goddard is with me now; we'll come up right away.
Goddard先生現在就和我在一起,我們馬上就來。
(Steve to James) Well, that was the old man; It's show time.
(走向詹姆士) 喂,是老頭子, 到時間去見他了。
And he sounds a little nervous, which means we have to be even more careful.
聽起來讓人有一點緊張,那意味著我們必須得更小心。
I'll be extremely careful.
我會很小心的
I just don't want him to yell at me again.
我才不希望他又對我大呼小叫。
I'm a engineer, not a secretary.
我是個工程師,不是秘書。
Be careful. Lisa might hear you. Anyway, let's go.
小心點,會聽見你的。好吧,我們走吧
(Steve and James go up to Mr. Barnes'office and his secretary sends them in..
和詹姆士來到先生的辦公室并且他的秘書領他們進去,
They knock on the door)
他們敲門。)
Come in.
請進。
Good morning, sir.
早上好,先生
Good morning, Mr. Barnes. How are you?
早上好,先生, 感覺怎么樣?
I'll be a lot better after this meeting is over.
這個會議結束后我才會覺得好一些。
I hope you two have done your homework because this is a huge deal
我希望你們兩個完成了工作,因為這是筆大生意。
If we can convince Wang about our campany then large computer firms will follow.
如果我們能讓王氏集團相信我們公司,那么更大的電腦公司將會隨之出現。
I don't have to tell either of you that could mean millions of dollars.
我沒有必要告訴你們中的任何一個那意味著數以百萬計的鈔票。
I'm counting on you.
我就指望你們了。
Don't worry Mr. Barnes, sir, you can depend on us.
不要擔心,先生,你可以相信我們
Isn't that right James?
不是嗎?
Yes, I think. I mean, of course you can.
我想是的。我意思是說,您當然可以
I had better be able to.
我最好是能
And if you two do a good job, I won't forget it when it comes time for promotions either.
如果你們倆做得好的話,到時候我不會忘記提升你們的。
I put you on this assignment because you are my two best men;
我分配你們這個任務,是因為你們倆是最好的;
I know you won't disappoint me.
我知道你們不會讓我失望的。
Well, let's hear about your ideas for the presentation.
好吧。讓我來聽聽你們關于這個陳述的意見。
Goddard, would you like to start?
你愿意開始嗎?
I think it might be best to let Mr. Dawson begin;
我想最好是讓Dawson先生先開始
he's the expert at sales.
他是營銷方面的專家。