Situation7: The Secretary
場景7:秘書
I'll call my secretary and have her make copies of your outline.
我會叫我的秘書并讓她復印你的摘要。
Are you sure that's okey?
你確定那樣能行嗎?
I mean, she doesn't really work for me.
我意思是說,她不會為我工作
What if she gets angry?
如果她生氣怎么辦?
No problem. She works for me, and you and I are working on this project togther.
沒問題。她為我工作,何況你又和我合作同一個工程
Watch and learn. (Steve picks up the phone.)
看且學著點。(Steve拿起電話。)
Lisa,could you come in here please?
Lisa你能進來一下嗎?
I can but I won't.
我能但我不想進來
It's only eight fifty-five and I don't start work until nine o'clock.
才八點五十五,我到九點才開始工作
Well Steve, I guess she knows who's the boss.
噢,, 我猜她知道誰是老板。
Very funny. We'll just have to wait for five minutes, that's all.
非常有趣。我們只好再等五分鐘,就這樣吧
Whatever you say.
你說了算。
(At two minutes after nice o'clock)
(九點過二分)
Lisa, do you think you could come in here now?
Lisa,你認為你現在可以進來了嗎?
Of course, Mr.Dawson; I'll be right in.
當然,先生;我馬上進來。
(Lisa comes into the office.) What do you need, sir?
(Lisa走進辦公室。)先生,你需要什么?
Could you make Mr.Goddard here about twenty copies of his outline?
你能把這位先生的摘要復印二十份嗎
Why, doesn't he have a secetary?
為什么?難道他沒有秘書嗎?
(A little angry) Of course he does, but we're working on a project together
(有一點生氣)他當然有了,但是我們正合作同一項工程
and I would really appreciate it if you would just cooperate with me right now.
如果你現在跟我合作的話,我會不勝感激。
All right.all right. You don't have to get mad.
好的,好的。你別發(fā)瘋了。
Did you say ten or twenty copies?
你說是十份還是二十份?
Actually, ten will be fine. It's a small group today.
事實上,十份就夠了。今天的工作量很
But I said twenty, so make it twenty.
但是我說是二十份,所以做二十份。
Yes, sir. Mr. Dawson.
好的,先生