Situation 5: Arriving at Work
場景5:到達公司
Good morning, James. You're early. What's up?
早上好。你好早啊,有什么新事?
Morning, Steve. Early is right.
早上好。早來是對的。
I've got two important meeting today; one with the boss and one with a client.
今天我有兩個重要的會議,一個是和老板,另一個是和客戶。
You're pretty early yourself, something important?
你自己也很早啊,有什么重要的事情?
Year, I'm metting a client, too. Someone from a big computer company.
是的。我也要見一個客戶,是從一個大的電腦公司來的
I think their headquarters are in Taiwan, but this guy runs the New York office.
我想他們的總公司在臺灣,但是這個家伙來自紐約辦事處。
Wang Computers. That's my client, too.
王氏電腦。那也是我的一個客戶
But I think the owner is a Chinese-American; .
但是我認為老總是一個華僑,
I'm not sure if they have an office in Taiwan
我不肯定他們是不是在臺灣有辦事處
I guess we're working on this account together.
我猜我們同時在與這家公司合作。
Good. To tell you the truth I was a little scared.
真好。告訴你實情,我還真有點提心吊膽
The account is really big; it's just too much work for one man.
這個客戶真的很大,對于一個人來說這是很多的工作。
Say, what time do you meet with the boss, Mr.Barnes?
說,你什么時候會見老板Barnes先生?
Ten-thirty, Why?
十點半,怎么了?
I was right. We are on this account together.
我是對的。我們是同時與這客戶合作。
I'm scheduled to meet with Mr.Barnes at ten-thirty, too.
我也害怕十點半鐘和Barnes先生見面。
Well, then,partner, let's get busy preparing something for the meeting.
好的,搭檔,那樣的話,讓我們為這次會議做好充分的準備。
Good idea. Where should we begin?
好主意。我們應該從哪開始?
I don't know about you but I always begin big projects by going to the bathroom,
我不知道你是怎么樣,但是我一直是在進浴室時開始大工程。
and then with a hot cup of coffee. can you wait for me?
然后還要一杯熱咖啡。你能等我嗎?
Just hurry. I'll get the coffee ready.
快一點。我將準備好咖啡
That sounds like an excellent plan.
那聽起來像是最好的主意。