Levels of Communication 1
交際面面觀
Phatic communication: Using conventional messages to establish rapport,
交際溝通:使用傳統的信息建立密切關系,
to break the ice, and/or to end a conversation.
打破僵局,以及/或結束一段對話。
You might hug, kiss, shake hands, bow, smile, make eye contact, and face one another.
你可能會擁抱、接吻、握手、鞠躬、微笑、眼神接觸,并面對彼此。
We exchange pleasantries by using clichés.
我們用陳詞濫調互相寒暄。
Clichés are overused expressions that have lost their original meanings
陳詞濫調是被過度使用的語言,已經失去了原來的含義,
and have taken on new relational meanings.
有了新的相關含義。
We expect phatic communication at the beginning and end of every conversation,
我們期望每次談話的開始和結束都能進行交際溝通,
regardless of our feelings about a person.
不管對一個人怎樣看。
eg: Hello. How are you? I'm fine. How are you?
例如:嗨,你好嗎?我很好,你好嗎?
Thanks for coming. Have a nice day. You're welcome.
感謝你的到來。過得愉快。不客氣。
Factual communication: Discussing events, making observations,
事實溝通:討論事件,進行觀察,
offering knowledge to others in a manner which can be called small talk.
以閑聊的方式向他人傳播知識。
At business parties, we rely upon factual communication to build network.
在商業聚會,我們依靠事實通信來建立聯系。
Factual communication includes reporting what you've read in a textbook,
事實通信包括報告你在教科書中所讀的內容,
what you've read in a textbook, what you've studied for a test.
你在實驗中學到了什么。