邁克爾•埃默森,歐美演員。他憑借《The Practice》中William Hinks一角贏得艾美獎劇情類最佳客串演員獎。2006年他因《迷失》獲衛星獎電視劇集最佳男配角提名,他還因為該劇再次獲得2007年度艾美獎劇情類最佳男配角提名。
You were like, the thing on Lost.
你就像,像是迷失劇中的那個人物。
You didn't know that was gonna be a big show.
你不知道那將會是一個重頭戲。
They hired Jane. What happened?
他們雇了簡。發生了什么事?
I have to do since I've been a guest player,
我必須要做,因為我一直是客串演員,
and so I thought this was another in a long line of such parts.
所以我認為這是另一個有很長臺詞的人物。
And I thought it was gonna be 3 episodes,
我以為只有3集而已,
so I packed, you know, a small bag to go to the Hawaii islands in the winter time,
所以我收拾行囊,你知道, 在冬天的時候去夏威夷群島只帶著一個小包,
and I said Honey, I'll be back shortly. And then they...
我說,親愛的,我很快就會回來。而那時他們…
Michael, are you married?
邁克爾,你結婚了嗎?
Yes. I see. I have said that and there was no one in the room.
是的。我明白了。我已經說過,房間里沒有人。
So you go over there.
那么你就在那里。
You do the what you think is like a one shot deal and then what happens?
你認為這就像是一次短期交易,然后將發生什么情況呢?
It's a character actor's dream.
這是性格演員的夢想。
You make yourself evidently.
你使自己獨一無二。
I made myself invaluable in some way.
在某些方面我讓自己成了無價之寶。
And I passed the audition and they kept me around for another 4 seasons.
我通過了選拔賽,他們為我安排了另外四季。
And beyond just regular on the show,
超越普普通通的節目,
you made quite an impact not only with the show but for yourself, dude, didn't you?
不僅在該節目,而且對你自己而言,你都造成了轟動影響,伙計,不是嗎?
People seemed to respond to the character, and not...
人們開始回應這個角色的性格,但是不可否認……
Now, of course, care for what you wish for, coz now I'm not sure that I can never leave it fully behind.
現在,當然,關心你的愿望,因為現在我不確定,我永遠不可能會受到完全的支持。
You know, you care everything like that around.
你知道,你需要照顧每一件事。
And even genius kind of a guy?
甚至天才的那種人也是嗎?
Well, he had. Well, that's one of the things he was.
嗯,他也是如此。嗯,那是他要做的事情之一。
But I'm not sure exactly how to characterize him.
但我不確定他的性格到底如何。
I mean, you are getting in some funny situations with respect to your character.
我的意思是,你在一些有趣的情況下要尊重你的性格。
I have had people come up to me, and excited fans,
也曾經有人走向我,以及興奮的粉絲們,
and they introduced me to their children whom they have named after my character.
他們給我介紹他們的孩子,而這些孩子按照我的角色而命名。
Really?And you think, well, I suppose that's an honor,
真的嗎?你想,我認為,這是一種殊榮。
but which part of what my character was are you inspiring to,
但我角色的一部分能夠鼓舞你,
I kind of, a mucky availing set of survival skills or?
我有,一套生存技巧或者別的什么?
What do you tell the child later about the origin of the name?
你以后怎么告訴孩子們關于名字的來歷?
Right? And you don't know what to say with these people.
對嗎?你不知道該對這些人說些什么。
I mean, when someone is holding their sleeping infant in front of you,
我的意思是,當有人抱著懷里睡著的嬰兒出現在你的面前,
you don't know whether to bless it or touch it with your forehead or...
你不知道是否要祝福嬰兒或觸摸他的額頭或者…
What should be done in that situation?
在這種情況下要做什么嗎?
I'm not sure. That never happens to me.
我不確定。那從來不會發生在我身上。
注:聽力文本來源于普特