How do you make your resume stand out with so much competition?
你如何讓自己的簡歷在諸多競爭中脫穎而出?
We are talking this one with Jason who's been with those should allow we appreciate Easy area vice president in Chicago with Career Builder.com,
我們正在和杰森談論這個問題,讓我們感謝Career Builder.com芝加哥地區的副總裁,
we've been hooking you up here live on the air with people who needs some help with their resumes.
我們已經期盼你很久了,現在直播幫助那些在簡歷方面遇到問題的人。
Now we have Janel Freud on with this.
現在我們有請詹尼爾?弗洛伊德。
Janel Freud ,thank you for being here,you go right ahead here,
詹尼爾·弗洛伊德,謝謝你的到來,請來這里,
look at your resume,you go right ahead and ask if you like,what's your question is about your resume?
看看你的簡歷,請問你喜歡的問題,關于你的簡歷有什么問題嗎?
Good morning and thank you,
早上好,謝謝你,
my question is that I think I have done a pretty good job of summing my skills,
我的問題是我認為我的簡歷不錯,比如總結我的技能,
outlining my experience,and I need to know what's missing on my resume?
概述我的經驗,我需要知道我的簡歷少了什么?
Ok,that's a great question,Janel.
好的,那是一個很不錯的問題,詹尼爾。
First of all,you know I did review your resume and congratulations on your upcoming degree,looks like you are graduating in June of this year.
首先,你知道我已經了解你的簡歷,并且祝賀你即將到來的學歷,好像你今年6月即將畢業。
So that's,that's a big feat itself but I took a look at your resume and the good news about your resume is you do have a lot of important key words and information that should be at the top for recruiters to see.
所以那是,那是一個很大的壯舉,而我看了看你的簡歷,你的簡歷已經展現很多重要的關鍵字和信息,那是招聘者應該在頂部看到的。
The unfortunate piece about your resume is that you are not doing a great job of marketing yourself,and what I mean I'll just give a couple of cosmetic information.
不幸的是,你的簡歷在推銷自己方面下的工夫不夠,我的意思是,我將具體告訴你該做點什么。
First of all,the top of your resume,you have your contact information and it really takes up the first five to ten percent of that first page.
首先,在你的簡歷頂部,你的聯系信息就占了第一頁的五到十分之一。
It's basically wasted space.
這基本上是浪費空間。
You wanna try to condense that and make it a little bit more appealing.、
你要嘗試濃縮,讓它看起來更有吸引力。
The other thing is there is really no attention grabber,why you?
另一個原因是你的簡歷確實沒有吸引眼球的地方,為什么是你?
Why would company select you?
公司為什么要選擇你?
The other thing that you do is you highlight some of your awards and recognition,
另外就是你過于強調你的獎勵和認可,
but you could probably do a better job of really showcase your nose,
但是你的出色工作業績才會真正展示你自己,
letting companies know who you are,
讓公司了解你是誰,
the accolade that you have thoughout your career and really again highlighting those different points.
對你職業生涯的稱贊會真正突出這些不同點。
Then the final thing for the cosmetic standpoint is you are all paragraphs in your resume and to a recruiter,time is money,
然后最后一件事是,你的簡歷都是段落,而處于招聘人員的立場來看,時間就是金錢,
and when they are sifting through resumes,
當他們在篩選簡歷時,
you've gotta grab their attention.
你必須抓住他們的注意力。
You should put bullet points with different things that you have accomplished but don't expect them to read through paragraph after paragraph that each individual job.
你應該把重點分成不同的東西,但不要指望他們仔細閱讀每個段落。
I think a couple of those things will help you and should rise your resume to the top.
我想這幾點可以幫助你改善簡歷,從而使你的簡歷更出彩。
注:聽力文本來源于普特