The Queen was looking hard at Alice.Now she said,"All people a mile high must leave the room."
王后盯著愛麗絲。然后她說,“所有一英里高的人都得離開這個房間?!?/div>
《愛麗絲漫游奇境記》第9期:瘋狂的茶會(1) 2012-03-20
《愛麗絲漫游奇境記》第10期:瘋狂的茶會(2) 2012-03-21
《愛麗絲漫游奇境記》第11期:王后的槌球游戲(1) 2012-03-22
《愛麗絲漫游奇境記》第12期:王后的槌球游戲(2) 2012-03-23
《愛麗絲漫游奇境記》第13期:誰偷了果餡餅?(1) 2012-03-26
"I'm not a mile high,"said Alice."And I won't leave the room.I want to hear the evidence."
“我沒有一英里高,”愛麗絲說?!拔乙膊浑x開這兒。我要聽證詞。”
"There is no more evidence,"said the King very quickly, "and now the jury will—"
“再也沒有證詞了,”國王馬上說,“現在陪審團要——”
"Your Majesty!"said the White Rabbit,jumping up in a great hurry."We've just found this letter.There's no name on it,but I think the Knave wrote it."
“陛下!”白兔馬上跳了起來?!拔覀儎倓傉业竭@封信。上面沒有名字,我想是紅桃杰克寫的?!?/div>
?
"No,I didn't!"said the Knave loudly.
“沒有,我沒寫!”紅桃杰克大聲嚷道。
"Read it to us,"said the King.
“念給我們聽,”國王說。
"Where shall I begin,Your Majesty?"asked the Rabbit.
“從哪兒開始,陛下?”白兔問。
"Begin at the beginning,"said the King,"and go on until you get to the end,then stop."
“從開頭開始,”國王說,“念到結束停止?!?/div>
Everybody listened very carefully while the White Rabbit read these words.
大家都仔細聽白兔念。
They tell me you have been to her,
他們告訴我你去過她那兒,
And talked of me to him.
還向他提起了我。
She thought I was a gardener,
以為我是個園丁,
But said I could not swim.
但說我不會游泳。
He tells them that I have not gone,
他告訴他們我還沒有走,
(We know that this is true).
(我們知道這是真的)。
If she decides to hurry on,
如果她決定快點,
What will they do to you?
他們將把你怎么樣?
I gave her one,they gave him two,
我給她一個,他們給他兩個,
You gave us three or more.
你給我們三個以上。
They all returned from him to you,
他們都從他那兒回來去你那兒了,
But they were mine before.
但他們以前屬于我。
"That's a very important piece of evidence,"said the King.He looked very pleased."Now the jury must—"
“這證詞非常重要,”國王說。他很高興?!艾F在陪審團——”
"If anybody in the jury can explain that letter,"said Alice (she was not afraid of anything now,because she was much bigger than everybody in the room),"I'll give him sixpence.It's all nonsense!It doesn"t mean anything."
“如果陪審團有誰能解釋這封信,”愛麗絲說(她現在一點兒也不害怕,因為她現在比房間里任何一個人都大),“我就給他六個便士。純粹是胡說八道!什么也說明不了?!?/div>
The jury busily wrote this down."She thinks it's all nonsense."
陪審團趕快把這也記下來?!八J為這是胡說八道!”
"All nonsense,eh?"said the King.He read some of the words again."But said I could not swim.You can't swim, can you?"he said to the Knave.
“胡說八道,嗯?”國王說。他又讀了一段。“但我不會游泳。你不會游泳,對嗎?”他問紅桃杰克。
The Knave's face was sad."Do I look like a swimmer?"he said.(And he didn't—because he was made of paper.)
紅桃杰克臉上很悲傷。“我看起來像會游泳的嗎?”他說。(他當然不會——他是紙做的。)
The King smiled."I understand everything now,"he said."There are the tarts,and here is the Knave of Hearts.And now the jury must decide who the thief is."
國王笑了起來。“我現在全懂了?!彼f。“果餡餅在那兒,紅桃杰克在這兒。現在陪審團必須決定誰是小偷。”
"No,no!"said the Queen."Off with his head!The jury can say what it thinks later."
“不,不!”王后說。“砍掉他的頭!陪審團以后再說它的決定?!?/div>
"What nonsense!"said Alice loudly."The jury must decide first.You can't—"
“胡說!”愛麗絲大聲說?!芭銓張F必須先做出決定。你不能——”
"Be quiet!"said the Queen,her face turning red.
“閉嘴!”王后說,臉都氣紅了。
"I won't!"said Alice.
“我不!”愛麗絲說。
"Off with her head!"screamed the Queen.Nobody moved.
“砍掉她的頭!”王后尖叫著。沒有人動。
"It doesn't matter what you say,"said Alice."You're only a pack of cards!"
“你說的話沒什么用,”愛麗絲說?!澳銈儾贿^是一副紙牌!”
Then the pack of cards flew up into the sky and began to fall on Alice's face.She gave a little scream… and woke up.She was lying next to her sister under the trees,and some leaves were falling on her face.
這時,所有的紙牌飛向天空,然后掉在愛麗絲的臉上。她尖叫了一聲……然后醒來了。她躺在樹下,在姐姐身邊,臉上有幾片掉下來的樹葉。
"Wake up,Alice dear,"said her sister."You've been asleep a long time."
“醒醒,愛麗絲,親愛的,”姐姐說?!澳闼诉@么久。”
"Oh,I've had a very curious dream!"said Alice,and she told her sister all about the strange adventures in her wonderful dream.
“哦,我做了一個非常奇怪的夢!”愛麗絲說,然后她給姐姐講了自己在夢里的奇遇。

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: