Situation 9: Back at Home
場景 9: 回家
(Michael goes home and talks to his mother about school.)
(邁克爾回到家中跟他媽媽講學校的事情.)
Mom, I had a great day at school.
媽媽,在學校我過了一個偉大的一天。
Really?
真的?
You usually hate school.
你通常討厭上學。
I know,but today was different.
我知道,但是今天是真的不同。
Why?What was different about it?
為什么?有什么不同?
Today I spoke only English, and I had a lot of fun.
今天我只說英語,結果有很多有趣的事。
Did your teachers understand?
你的老師能理解嗎?
Yes, they all understood.
是的,他們都理解。
Well,actually,
實際上,很好。
one got mad and hit me.
一個人變瘋了,并打了我。
Who was it?
他是誰?
I will talk to him.
我將和他說。
No. Dot't worry about it.
不。別擔心這個。
He only hit my hands.
他僅僅打了我的手。
All right, if you say so.
如果你這樣說,那就算了吧。
But it still makes me mad.
但是它仍然使我憤怒。
By the way,
順便問一下,
who did you speak English with?
你和誰說英語?
I spoke English with Andy.
我和安迪說英語。
Do you remember him?
你還記得他嗎?
Of course I remember him.That is so funny.
當然,我記得他。那是如此滑稽的。
Why is it funny?
為什么是如此滑稽?
Because I met Andy's mother today,
因為我今天遇見安迪的媽媽,
and we decided to speak English,too.
我們也決心用英語對話。
Really?
真的?
But Andy's mother was an English major in college.
但是安迪的媽媽在大學里主修的是英語專業。
Can you speak English with her?
你能和她一起說英語嗎?
Why not?
為什么不能?
Even if her English is better than mine,
即使她的英語比我的好,
I can still practice.
我仍可以練習一下。
That's true.
那是對的。
Wow , Mom, you are really smart.
喔,媽媽你真聰明。
No, I'm not smart.
不,我不聰明。
But I have lived a long time,
但是我已經活了這么久,
so I understand life a little better than you.
因此,我對生活的了解比你要多一點。
That's all.
這就是原因。
Anyway, I always learn a lot from you.
無論如何,我總是從你這里學了很多。
I'm happy to hear that.
我很高興聽到你這樣說。