"Who are you who has waked me from my sleep?" she asked.
“你是誰,是你把我從睡夢中叫醒的?”公主問。
"I am Sigurd, the son of a great warrior.
“我是西格德,是偉大戰士的兒子。
I killed the terrible dragon that guarded the treasure, and then I came to save you."
我殺了守護寶藏的惡龍,我是來救你的。”
"Who told you that I was here?"
“誰告訴你我在這兒的?”
"The birds sang in the trees and told me of you," said the brave young hero.
“鳥兒在樹上歌唱,告訴我你的故事。”這位勇敢的年輕英雄說。
"How could you come through the fire, Sigurd?"
“你怎么穿過火的呢,西格德?”
"There was no other way to reach you, beautiful Princess," he answered.
“沒有別的辦法,美麗的公主,”他回答說。
"Surely you are a great hero, Sigurd. I was told that one who knew not fear should awaken me, and at last you have come!"
“西格德,你真是個大英雄。有人告訴我,一個不懼危險的人會喚醒我,你終于來了!”
"Tell me your name, Princess," said Sigurd.
“告訴我你的名字,公主。”西格德說。
"My name is Brunhild, and I am the daughter of a great king.
“我叫布倫希爾德,是一位偉大國王的女兒。
Many years have I slept here, because no man dared come through the wall of fire.
我在這里睡了許多年,因為沒有人敢穿過這堵火墻。
But you are the bravest of all heroes!"
但你是所有英雄中最勇敢的!”
"And you are the fairest princess in the world, Brunhild!" said the young warrior.
“你是世界上最美麗的公主,布倫希爾德!”年輕的勇士說。
So Sigurd saved the princess, and when people heard what he had done, there was great joy.
于是西格德救出了公主,大家聽到西格德所做的一切后,都非常開心。
As the years went on, Sigurd did many other brave deeds and won many battles, so that his name became known in every land.
隨著歲月的流逝,西格德做了許多勇敢的事情,贏得了許多戰役,他的名字傳遍了每一個國家。
But wherever the stories of Sigurd's victories were told or sung,
但無論西格德勝利的故事被傳頌到哪里,
people loved best to hear of the killing of the dragon and the saving of Brunhild.
人們最愛聽屠龍拯救布倫希爾德的故事。