"Good-morning, Tom. You are out early.
早上好,湯姆,你出來得可真早。
And here are all the things I need—the butter, and the sugar, and the fruit, and the eggs!
我要的東西都來了:黃油、糖、水果和雞蛋。
Now I shall be able to make a cake today."
這樣我今天就能做一個蛋糕了。
Jack knew who it was that had come so early this cold morning.
杰克知道是誰在這么大冷天的一大早來了。
It was Tom, the grocer's boy.
是湯姆,雜貨鋪里的一個男孩。
Quickly Jack ran downstairs to eat his breakfast.
杰克很快跑下樓梯吃早飯。
While he was eating, he heard the milkman's wagon and the sound of the baker's boy whistling as he delivered his bread in the cold.
吃飯的時候,他聽到送奶工人的車子聲,還有寒冷中送面包男孩的口哨聲。
After breakfast Jack looked out of the window and saw Tom hurrying down the street with his empty basket on his arm.
早飯過后,杰克看了看窗外,他看到湯姆胳膊上提個空籃子,沿著街道匆匆的走過。
He was going back to the store for another load.
他回到雜貨鋪,又拿了另一籃子的東西出來。
Jack put on his cap and coat and ran out.
杰克戴上帽子,穿上外套跑了出去。
"Wait, Tom!" he called, "I have a holiday, and I'll help you deliver the groceries this morning.
杰克喊到,湯姆等等!我放假,今天早上我幫你來送這些東西吧。
That will be lots more fun than doing the things I had planned to do all day."
這會比我原先計劃整天要做的事情有趣多了。