The Enchanted Pearls
魔法珍珠
Hans was so happy at what the king said that he turned and hurried out of the palace.
聽到國王的話漢斯很高興,他轉身匆匆離開了王宮。
The very next day he started on his journey to the North Sea.
第二天他開始了去往北海的旅程。
He walked and walked, until he was very tired.
他走啊走走得非常累。
Just as he was going to sit down to rest, he saw a great giant rushing toward him.
就在他想坐下來休息的時候,他看到一個巨人向他沖了過來。
"Good-morning!" said Hans. "Are you in any trouble? Perhaps I can help you."
早上好,漢斯說,你有什么困難嗎?或許我能幫得到你。
"Oh, no, thank you," answered the giant, looking down at Hans.
哦,沒有,謝謝你!巨人低下頭看了看漢斯回答道,
"I am in no trouble. I always rush along. Where are you going, young man?"
我沒有問題,我總是跑得很快,年輕人你去哪?
"I am going to the North Sea to get the king a string of enchanted pearls that lies at the bottom of the water," answered Hans.
我要去北海為國王取一串位于海底的魔法珍珠,漢斯回答說。
"Ah!" said the great giant,"it will take you a long while to get there.
巨人說,啊,那你要花費很長一段時間才能到那。
Now if you could walk as fast as I can, it would be a very easy thing to get to the North Sea quickly."
如果你現在能走得跟我一樣快的話,趕到北海就會容易很多了。
"How fast can you walk?" asked Hans.
你可以走多快呢?漢斯問道。
"I can walk faster than any horse can run," answered the giant.
我走得比任何一匹馬跑得都快,巨人回答說。