On they went, until they came to some woods and a red barn.
他們繼續走,一直走到了一片樹林和一個紅色谷倉前。
Then the tired old rabbit said something again.
這時,這只疲憊的老兔子又嘀咕了一句。
"What did you say" asked Billy Beaver. "Oh, nothing."
“你說什么?”海貍比利問道。“啊,沒什么。”
"Yes, you did, too. I heard you."
“但你確實說了,我聽到了。”
"Well, I just said that I could not see what is in front of us. You are so wide."
“好吧,我只是說我看不到我們前方是什么,你的身板兒太寬了。”
"I can't help being wide," said Billy Beaver."Beavers are always wide." "Oh," said the rabbit.
“身體寬,我也沒辦法,海貍的身體都寬的。”海貍比利說。“哦。”兔子回應。
On they rode, past a yellow house and a big garden.
他們繼續前進,路過了一個黃屋子和一個大花園。
After a while they came to a bumpy place in the road.
不一會兒,他們走上了一段顛簸的道路。
Then the rabbit said something again.
兔子又嘀咕了一句。
"What did you say this time, Rabbit?" asked Billy Beaver. "Oh, nothing."
“這次你又說了什么,兔子?”海貍比利問道。“啊,沒什么。”
"But I heard you say something! What did you say?"
“但我聽到你嘀咕了!你說什么了?”
"Well, I just said that the road is very bumpy here. It shakes me all around and bumps my tail."
“好吧,我只是說這里的路好顛簸,震得我七上八下,顛到我的尾巴了。”
Then Billy Beaver called "Whoa!" He looked around at the old rabbit.
海貍比利吆喝道:“停車!”他上下打量了一下這只年老兔子。
"You had better get out," he said. "Out!" said the rabbit. "Why?"
“你好滾下車。”他說道。“下車?”兔子說,“為什么?”。
"If you don't like to ride, you had better get out and walk."
“如果你不想坐車,你好滾下去,自己走路。”
"But I do like to ride," said the rabbit.
“但我想坐車。”兔子說。
"You keep saying things," said Billy Beaver."
“你總是說這說那的,”海貍比利說,
You keep saying things very soft and low.
“你不停地嘀嘀咕咕。
You said that the cart is hard tosit on.
你說車坐著很硬,
You said that the fox walks slowly.
狐貍車夫走得慢,
You said that you could not see what is in front of us.
看不到我們前面的風景。
And now you say that the road is bumpy.
現在又說路很顛簸。
Better get out, Rabbit. Better get out and walk."
兔子,你好滾下去,滾下去自己走。”
The tired old rabbit's ears went wiggle, wiggle.
這只疲憊的老兔子耳朵擺了擺。
He looked at Billy Beaver. Then he got out, but he did not say a word.
他看了看海貍比利,然后下了車,但是一句話也沒說。