LESSON 109
第109課
“Willie, when I was feeding the birds just now, a little brown bird flew away with a crumb in its bill.”
“威利,剛剛我喂鳥的時候,一只棕色的鳥用嘴叼著一塊面包屑飛走了。”
“Where did it go, Rose?”
“羅斯,它去哪兒了?”
“I don’t know; away off, somewhere.”
“我不知道,它飛走了,但不知道去哪兒了。”
“I can guess where, Rose.
“羅斯,我可以猜到是哪。
Don’t you know the nest we saw some days ago?
你知道前幾天我們看到的那個鳥巢嗎?
What do you think is in it now?”
你覺得現(xiàn)在里面會有什么呢?”
“0 Willie, I know! Some little brown birds. Let us go and see them.”
“噢,威利,我知道了!一些棕色的小鳥。讓我們去看看它們吧。”
“All right; but we must not go too near.
“好吧,但我們不能走得太近。
There! I just saw the old bird fly out of the bush. Stand here, Rose. Can you see?”
在那兒!我剛剛看到一只鳥媽媽從灌木叢里飛出來。站在這兒,羅斯。你能看到嗎?”
“Why, Willie, what ugly little things! What big mouths they have, and no feathers!”
“為什么,威利?多丑陋的小東西啊!它們的嘴好大,也沒有半點兒羽毛。”
“Keep still, Rose. Here comes the old bird with a worm in her bill.
“站在這兒別動,羅斯。一只鳥媽媽飛過來了,嘴里叼著一只蚯蚓。
How hard she must work to feed them all!”
她要喂所有孩子,多辛苦啊!”