somebody would (just) as soon
寧可;寧愿
used to say that someone would prefer to do something or would prefer something to happen
These people could afford to retire to Florida but they'd just as soon stay put...
這些人有足夠的錢可以去佛羅里達安度退休生活,可是他們卻寧愿留在原來的地方。
I'd just as soon not have to make this public...
我寧愿不必將此事公之于眾。
I'd just as soon you put that thing away...
我寧可你把那玩意收起來。
appointment with sb
a formal arrangement to meet or visit sb at a particular time, especially for a reason connected with their work
約會;預約;約定
She made an appointment for her son to see the doctor.
她為兒子約定了看醫生的時間。
I've got a dental appointment at 3 o'clock.
我約了下午3點看牙醫。
an appointment with my lawyer
與我的律師的約定
to keep an appointment
準時赴約
possible
that can be done or achieved
可能;能做到(或取得)
It is possible to get there by bus.
可以乘公共汽車到那里。
Would it be possible for me to leave a message for her?
我可以給她留個話兒嗎?
This wouldn't have been possible without you.
若沒有你,這事恐怕就辦不成了。
Try to avoid losing your temper if at all possible (= if you can).
盡可能別發脾氣。