The country is wounded, Daph.
這個國家遍體鱗傷,達芙
It's lost men, yes.
這個國家失去了很多子民,對
But it's lost more than that.
可這個國家還失去了更多的東西
We need a sense of purpose. Don't you see?
我們需要一個使命感,你不明白嗎?
The nations of the world, they got together and banned slavery.
世界上的國家聯合起來廢除奴隸制
What if we did the same with war?
要是我們對戰爭也這樣做呢?
What if we all, all nations, got together and decided...
要是我們所有的國家聯合起來決定
...that when there was a conflict, when there was a dispute, war was no way to settle it.
有沖突和爭議時不用戰爭來解決
War would go the way of the slave trade.
戰爭就會象奴隸買賣一樣消失
Yes, that proves my point exactly.
對,那充分說明了了我的觀點
No, you weren't making a point.
不,你并沒有提出任何觀點
My point is I have to go to London to look at Whiteleys' new wallpaper collection.
我的觀點是我必須去倫敦看惠特利的新墻紙系列
Right. Fine. Yes, it is fine.
好,沒問題 對,沒問題
Because do you know what writing a book against war is like?
你知道寫一本反戰的書象什么嗎?
No. Tell me.
不,告訴我
It's like writing a bookagainst Wednesdays.
那就象寫一本反對星期三的書
Wednesdays, Blue, are a fact of life...
布魯,星期三是生活的一個事實
...and if you don't like them, you could stay in bed but you can't stop them...
如果你不喜歡,你可以臥床 可你無法阻止
...because Wednesdays are coming
因為星期三一定會來
and if today isn't actually a Wednesday it soon will be.
如果今天不是星期三,很快也會是
Goodbye.
再見